Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Aviator(Farnborough)
View Hotel
All reviewsoak loungehigh streetground floormiddle of townan updatestayed here for one nightcomfy bedafternoon teavenuepubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed here for one night and were really impressed with the reception (and the very friendly and helpful staff), dining room/ bar area, and especially the gorgeous grounds. However, things took a turn for the worse when we got to our room. Peeling paint, grubby furnishings, used tissues on the floor, and linen/ bedding that smelt as if it hadn't been washed in a long time. Not impressed - for the (fairly expensive) price we expected at least a clean room, and the place is in urgent need of an update. The breakfast was ok, not great. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Le0n0ra
BUSHFarnham, General Manager at Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Dear Guest

Thank your for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Mercure Farnham Bush, but I very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back Mercure Farnham Bush and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Paul morgan

Reviewed 24 July 2011

We visited this hotel to have a look at the bedrooms as we were considering it as a place for our guests to stay for a forthcoming celebration. The rooms looked very nice, with both modern and classical furnishings and decorations. The staff were helpful and keen to provide us with whatever information we required.

Whilst we were looking around we thought we'd have dinner in the restaurant. The large room was entirely empty, which is never a good sign. The menu seemed interesting enough - with a range of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes.

Unfortunately the food was terrible. No need for a long, drawn-out description. It seemed like cooking-by-numbers - i.e. the ingredients delivered to the hotel partially prepared, for the on-site staff to then heat and serve. The reality is that our meals were tasteless and chewy. We provided this feedback to the staff, so hopefully they will make improvements, however to do so will require a fundamental change of approach. The ingredients should be fresh and everything should be cooked from scratch on-site by experienced, capable chefs.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank your for taking the time to tell us about your experience whilst dinning at Mercure Farnham Bush, but I very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 21 July 2011

Stayed here 2 nights (Fri/Sat) attending a family wedding.
Grateful to the previous reviewers who mentioned the need for a PIN to get out of the car park. We would have had a 200m walk in the pouring rain otherwise to ask at reception. Surely the solution is that when at registration, when giving details of your car, why don't reception tell you there and then? Mind you, the PIN was changed the next day, so one of our party took it upon himself to text the new PIN to everyone.
We were in one of the updated rooms on the ground floor at then end of a long corridor. The room was fine, clean, a good size etc. The shower wasn't as powerful as we're used to at home. There was a warning sign on the towel rail that it was hot; indeed it was; when I accidentally touched it I got a sharp burn. Answer : the control for the towel rail is near the light switches just inside the door - just don't go switching on everything when you first enter the room.
There was a small fridge in the room, but it didn't seem to be 'on' (no light), and we couldn't see where it was powered from to switch it on?
Pity there's no short cut from these rooms to the car park - we could actually see our car out the window, but still had a 200 yds walk, with all of our wedding clothes, in the pouring rain.
Breakfast was good, no problems there - plenty of cooked food all laid out and regularly replenished. When we went down at 9:30 on Saturday there weren't any tables free - seems they had another wedding on the premises, and I think when the hotel is full the breakfast staff were a little overwhelmed. We did have to intercept them to ask for tea & coffee, but then it came promptly. On the Sunday they opened up an overflow room, so there wasn't any queueing for tables.
When checking out at around 11:30 on Sunday, with only 1 person on the desk, and it seemed only 1 terminal for checking out, the queue soon built up to 10 or more people - probably quite frustrating for anyone on a tight schedule for train/plane.
I realised when I got home on Monday I'd left my phone charger in the room.
I phoned up and was put through to housekeeping, but the phone just rang nd rang, and no-one came back to me, so I hung up after 10 minutes.
I phoned on Tuesday, but by then housekeeping had gone home, and any lost property was locked away, so reception said they'd leave a message for housekeeping.
On Tues night I decided to send an e-mail to the accor.com address shown on the hotel invoice. On Wed morning housekeeping did phone me, saying they'd been passed my e-mail, but hadn't been notified previously by reception, and they did have my phone charger, and would send it on.
My phone charger duly arrived in the post on Thursday morning - so thank you very much Bush Housekeeping.

Room Tip: The modern rooms can be a long walk from reception - we were told
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Farnham Bush. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

please be assured we will re look at the carpark barrier situation in an attempt to make ir easier for our guests .

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasurable as the previous one.

Reviewed 20 July 2011

I wrote a very poor review for this hotel last year, but stayed in it again a couple of weeks ago (nothing else was available). My friend and I arrived with our expectations set extremely low based on the dreadful experience of last year. I have to admit the hotel has greatly improved. Maybe it was the fact that this time we were in refurbished rooms, but I have to admit, absolutely nothing wrong with the room or ensuite. This time as well, the staff were completely different (different people, but also a different attitude). They knew what they were talking about and were extremely helpful. I would definitely stay here again next year if attending the same event.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I was pleased to read that your experience had greatly improved on that of last year.

Reviewed 11 July 2011

Nice hotel, very clean and comfortable.staff very helpful and efficient.One of our party asked for some fresh milk as he checked in and it arrived at the room before he did! My son requested some ice and got it straight away.there was tea and coffee making facilities in the room also a wide screen television with a plug to connect your mp3 player. The bathroom was spotless with bath and shower.The breakfast was really good how anyone found anything to complain about in the reviews I do not know. The food was fresh and a good selection. tea and coffee were brought to the table as soon as we sat down.the hotel is in the middle of town convenient for shops and restaurants. The only thing missing was a lift,a bit difficult if you are disabled.

Room Tip: book at the last minute if you can because early booking special offers are not that special.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
BUSHFarnham, General Manager at Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback it is always a pleasure to hear when guests have had a good stay with us. please be assured your comments will be relayed to the team here at theMercure Bush Hotel.

Kind Regards