I sometimes wonder how reviews can vary, and having re-visited this hotel following a successful trip last year I now see why.
We used this hotel as a Saturday evening stopover during our weekend at Goodwood FOS. I emailed a few days prior to our arrival checking our room reservation and advised of our arrival time. Hotel Sales Manager duly emailed back and confirmed all ok.
What she failed to tell us was there would be a 'Town Centre' & road closures from 5.30 to 7.30pm, right across our arrival time of 6-7pm! This created a massive tailback from the Goodwood traffic, and we queued from nearly 45mins to be told by the local police to head back out of town and arrive an hour later! (Hotel is right in centre of Town).
After a very long day, this was the last thing we wanted to do, so headed round the opposite side of Town & parked up somewhere, walking in but having to then return later to collect the car.
To be fair the Duty Manager apologised profusely (admitting guests should had been warned), and gave us a room rate reduction, but the damage was done. To rub salt in the wound the Sales Manager then emailed me after our return advising she was on the Carnival team but blamed the weather!
The room was allegedly an upgrade, and whilst nice in the older part of the hotel, and did have air conditioning but was nothing special and also not as nice as the room we had last year - I had specifically requested a room in the same block. (We didn't get as a room change had also been done prior to our arrival from my request). The hairdryer was a hazard, an old one taken off the bathroom wall but left in the drawer with the old wall attachment left on and smelt like it was going to blow up. There were no tea bags in the room either,but we had gotten fed up of complaining by this time.
My ratings are therefore lower on this occasion, as we felt so let down.
Very disappointing,and big note if thinking of using for Goodwood FOS, ensure not the Carnival weekend and give Farnham a massive miss!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Farnham Bush hotel is located in the centre of Farnham, a very short walking distance from the railway station. The Hotel is only 15 minutes drive to Farnborough Airport, around 30 minutes from Heathrow Airport and 35 minutes from Gatwick. Thackery's Restaurant serves modern European cuisine, and the Coachman's Bar is a cosy spot for a nightcap. The 6 fully equipped function rooms can host varying events from small meetings in a boardroom style right up to 140 people for conferences, parties and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel Farnham
- Accor Bush Farnham
- Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel Surrey