“Enjoyable ”

Ranked #19 of 132 Restaurants in Farnham
Price range: US$7 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Mulberry Farnham caters for a variety of customers, with cosy fireplaces and sofas for intimate gatherings, 17 delicious homemade gourmet burgers, a large area for parties and great buffet food, somewhere to relax and unwind at the end of a busy day in the office and a place where you can let loose and dance to live music and phenomenal DJ's.The Mulberry boasts the largest beer garden in central Farnham split into 3 levels. The upper area is laid to grass and can seat 200, often used for BBQs and charity events, and includes a childrens play area. The lower area can seat up to 100 and we have a completely covered area immediately adjacent to the pub with a large screen television.The Mulberry offers 17 fantastic Gourmet burgers as well as ribs, buckets of spicy chicken wings and calamari, salads, baguettes and our legendary Bad Boy plank, all in all embracing everything that is American! We also have a lunch time menu, Monday to Friday, for those who prefer something lighter and a children's menu with some very unique desserts including the Flower Pot, Mars Attacks and Seven Sins.The Mulberry prides itself in only using the best quality products in all our food. Our meat comes from Morgans of Farnham and the mincemeat used in the burgers has been ground to our chefs own recipe. Our vegetables are sourced from G. Hone and our speciality products and cheeses are from La Espanola. All our baps and bread is baked fresh for us and supplied by Loaf of Farnham. If you are thinking of holding a party The Mulberry offers a multitude of platters, bowl food, nibbles or canapes. We also cater for BBQ's for parties or for smaller gatherings. If there is anything specific that is required The Mulberry kitchen team are always available to discuss and provide the perfect culinary solution.
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Came along for a midweek dinner with my girlfriend and her day.

We've eaten the burgers quite a few times and it's always a tasty experience in a nice pub.

The Mulberry does a good job of catering to a wide range of clientele. We'll be back for more burgers or possibly just a drink in the garden as the summer approaches.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I had lunch here today. I must add it's not our first visit. Yet again the staff gave us a warm welcome. We sat at a quiet table just behind the bar. The food was well cooked and well presented, and they don't stint on portion size. We both had burgers and fries. Unfortunately neither of us had room for dessert. Would we visit again? Definitely. Would we recommend to friends? Absolutely.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I make my own interpretation of "American style" hamburgers and in addition to salt and pepper, I tend to use a little mustard, finely chopped onion, BBQ sauce, tomato puree and a binder, usually a cereal. Using organic steak mince the result is usually pretty good. Unfortunately every commercial Hamburger restaurant I'd previously tried had clearly bought in ready made hamburger - which in my view is not comparable to making it fresh at home. The Mulberry comes the closet so far - and we will certainly be bringing people to eat there.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I am convinced my boyfriend and I must have visited on a bad day because everyone else seems to think this place is amazing and the menu looks it too! I couldn't wait to tuck into one of their amazing looking burgers and had been bigging the place up to my boyfriend prior to his birthday lunch there. Unfortunately the food didn't live up to my expectations. Well some of it did, not all of it!

The staff were fantastic throught and the pub itself is fab, really great set up and layout. The menu is mouthwatering if you are a burger lover and I went for the piri piri chicken number with my boyfriend going for the big smoke. We also had bread and olives to start which were great. Bread was still warm and olives tasty and plentiful. I'll start with the positives when it comes to the main, the sweet potato fries were fantastic and the food looks great. My boyfriend said his was 'ok' but nothing special and there was something in my burger that just did not taste right at all, the chicken had a funny flavour to the meat (not the marinade) and the chorizo was quite frankly awful. Such a shame because it looked so good. Pricewise it is very reasonable also.

I am hoping that we just visited on an off day but we won't be back. Sorry!

1  Thank LondonKate_10
Quelch, Owner at The Mulberry, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I am sorry to read your review, and so disappointed you did not walk away feeling as positive about our food as the rest of your experience. Your boyfriend ate the Smoke Signal which I am sorry he felt was just ok, this burger is our third best selling burger! You had the Big Bird again a strong seller, we get through 100s of chicken breasts a week so I can guarantee it was fresh, the marinade is a Piri Piri base and also inside are red peppers, rocket and chorizo. Again we buy our Chorizo from a specialist Spanish supplier and again we get through a couple of sausages a week! I am at a loss as to what went wrong, I only wish you had said something to one of the members of staff so we could have resolved then and there.

I feel it is a shame you are not prepared to give us another go, as you can see from our reviews and the numbers of diners we have in our restaurant our food always exceeds expectations. If you do feel inclined try us again maybe try something different as I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just enjoyed lunch at the Mulberry. Great food friendly staff and good value. Portions are large so come hungry!