“Terrible Burger - Was the Chef sick that day?!”
Review of The Mulberry

The Mulberry
Ranked #17 of 128 Restaurants in Farnham
Price range: US$6 - US$33
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Mulberry Farnham caters for a variety of customers, with cosy fireplaces and sofas for intimate gatherings, 17 delicious homemade gourmet burgers, a large area for parties and great buffet food, somewhere to relax and unwind at the end of a busy day in the office and a place where you can let loose and dance to live music and phenomenal DJ's.The Mulberry boasts the largest beer garden in central Farnham split into 3 levels. The upper area is laid to grass and can seat 200, often used for BBQs and charity events, and includes a childrens play area. The lower area can seat up to 100 and we have a completely covered area immediately adjacent to the pub with a large screen television.The Mulberry offers 17 fantastic Gourmet burgers as well as ribs, buckets of spicy chicken wings and calamari, salads, baguettes and our legendary Bad Boy plank, all in all embracing everything that is American! We also have a lunch time menu, Monday to Friday, for those who prefer something lighter and a children's menu with some very unique desserts including the Flower Pot, Mars Attacks and Seven Sins.The Mulberry prides itself in only using the best quality products in all our food. Our meat comes from Morgans of Farnham and the mincemeat used in the burgers has been ground to our chefs own recipe. Our vegetables are sourced from G. Hone and our speciality products and cheeses are from La Espanola. All our baps and bread is baked fresh for us and supplied by Loaf of Farnham. If you are thinking of holding a party The Mulberry offers a multitude of platters, bowl food, nibbles or canapes. We also cater for BBQ's for parties or for smaller gatherings. If there is anything specific that is required The Mulberry kitchen team are always available to discuss and provide the perfect culinary solution.
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible Burger - Was the Chef sick that day?!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The worst burger I had ever eaten, over cooked, greasy and burnt. Makes me wonder if the chef was off sick that day and maybe I was just really unlucky?!

Pretty outdoor area and the pub itself has nice decor, I would give this place a 2nd chance but I'm not sure I could stomach another burger but reading other reviews I think something was up that day!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank NataliyaRocks

“Burgers- Yum”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We visited on a nice evening and the outside area is great for good weather! Have been several times previously at lunchtime but hadn't tried the burgers. This time I went for a burger as I had heard good things and it was delicious. Be warned that the "Hot Mamma" is reeeally hot- I like spicy food a lot and found it near my limit.

Godalming, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best burger ever?!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I have returned to The Mulberry again following the epic burger I had several months back and can honestly say this time was even better. I challenge anyone to find a better burger in Surrey than their Farmer John - absolutely epic!!

“The Mulberry may just be the best pub in the entire world”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Mulberry may just be the best pub in the entire world. Thankfully I got to experience more than one aspect of their hospitality and hospitality is a key word – one that I do not use lightly (I have extremely low tolerance for the inhospitable). The aspects to which I refer are both the rooms and food.
I recently got married in fair Farnham and needed somewhere that my groomsmen and I could stay. I came across the Mulberry and I am glad that I did. The pictures online looked nice but being a fairly thorough man I needed to go and check the place out for myself. The layout of the pub is open with three main rooms all large and comfortable the garden outside is on two levels and a lovely place to be on a summers day, it also has an ample play area for children. The staff are friendly and attentive without being false or suffocating. My wife (then fiancée) came with me and we looked around the dorms... everywhere was light, bright, clean, tidy and inviting.
Whilst we were there we decided to get a bite to eat... well... I can say categorically that I am more than particular when it comes to food, I am not easily impressed but when the Mulberry says that it is the home of the gourmet burger – it is, it simply is. I have NEVER tasted a better burger ANYWHERE and I’ve tasted a lot of burgers in my time, around the world even. Not only are the burgers good but the food in general is excellent and the word ‘generous’ doesn’t begin to describe the portions. We were so impressed that we asked them to provide a buffet for the day after our wedding so that we could thank some of our nearest and dearest who stayed over. Needless to say, once again we were happy at the level of service we received. I will be going back there to eat.
My groomsmen and I stayed there the night before my wedding, the room and beds were spacious and comfortable and accommodated six big guys (even one who is 6’5”). There was an ensuite in the room so we didn’t have to share facilities and we all had a good night’s sleep. I thoroughly recommend the Mulberry, in any or all of its capacities to anyone who is thinking of visiting there, it’s well worth it.

• Visited June 2014
Farnham, England, United Kingdom
“Finally got around to visiting”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Came in this month for the first time - no idea why I'd left it so long given that I live in Farnham and also love burgers! Very well looked after, and it was a really nice feel inside, with cosy areas to sit if you so choose - not a typical 'pub' feel in that respect, which is great.

Order (including customisation) sorted without drama. The burgers themselves were delicious and it was easy to see why this place sells itself on its burgers. Managed the 'Hot Momma' and survived (nice touch for a warning to be given at the point of order about it being hot).

Will definitely return.