“Could be great”

The Wheatsheaf
Ranked #5 of 127 Restaurants in Farnham
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Under new management and now serving fresh, seasonal dishes cooked by passionate chefs. Food is locally sourced wherever possible and served in a welcoming and friendly environment.We serve a great pint of local ale too!
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Could be great”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This traditional high St pub has been given a very agreeable make-over. It looks good and has a nice ambiance. The food is well cooked and presented, and the styling has been well researched. It has moved on from being a drinking spot to a gastro-pub and needs to regain a little more sincere friendliness. Staff need to be more welcoming and with a bit more attentiveness, to really make a wow experience. However I did like it and will return.

• Visited July 2014

Surrey
“Our go to for an indulgent Sunday brekkie”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I've had a very good eggs benedict here. Free Bloody Mary if you can make it in before 10am! Nice chilled atmosphere. Perfect for lazy mornings :)

Visited June 2014
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Visited here twice in the last week, once with the family for breakfast and once with colleague's for lunch. The food and service has been excellent on both occasions, consider me a new regular. Please keep it up

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Second visit a little disappointing”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The first time my wife and I came here I raved about it. This visit was a little disappointing. In summary we had quite a wait for our drinks to arrive. My wife's chicken burger and the bun were cold. There was a little bit of a fuss over taking it away and (replacing/reheating, I suspect the latter but it was fine when it came back quickly) The manager tried to assure us it was hot when it came straight off the pass to us, it wasn't thats why we sent it back!
I had fish and chips which was pretty good. My son had pizza which was fine, it arrived a good few of minutes after ours. He had two scoops of ice cream which was £3.50 a little expensive I thought for a kids menu and a long time coming.

Won't be venturing back for a while. The service from the waitress was excellent which was the only reason I left a tip. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered as recompense for dishing up cold food!

Visited July 2014
Amy C, General Manager at The Wheatsheaf, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your review and providing us feedback following your visit to the Wheatsheaf.
I can see from your previous visits that we managed to exceed your expectations; but unfortunately you were not left feeling the same way during your recent visit and for this I sincerely apologise. I’m pleased to hear you felt the service excellent, but we strive to exceed our guest’s expectations on our food as well, your feedback as a great tool to understand the guests journey and your comments have been passed onto our kitchen, but I would still like the opportunity to speak with you to better understand your experience, and follow up with trying to rectify your feelings on returning sooner and having a much more enjoyable experience. Please contact me at the pub directly 01252717135 or email bookings@thewheatsheaffarnham.co.uk for my attention. Kind regards, Amy
Farnham, England, United Kingdom
“Shocking - Over Priced, Overcooked”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Visited the Wheatsheaf in Farnham last night for a friends Birthday meal and to say it was disappointing would be a massive understatement. The service was slow to non existent, initially out of a table of 9 only half the table were asked if they wished to have a drink and then the waitress looked surprised when the other half wished to order some. The starters took over 45 mins to arrive, which as there were only 3 other tables occupied (now I know why) seemed rather a long time to cook a few scallops.

When the main courses finally arrived the Swordfish myself and a friend ordered was so overcooked you could have used it to resole your shoes. All the steaks which had been ordered as medium rare arrived on the verge of well done and after 3 attempts to obtain some ground black pepper we gave up totally.

This is the second time I have visited this pub to eat, the 1st time was not much better and I put that down to the fact it had only just opened, I will not be trying again.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank Susan P
Amy C, General Manager at The Wheatsheaf, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I’m very disappointed to see that we have not met your expectations and clearly left you feeling let down, I would be really grateful to speak to you in person to better understand the issues and also take steps to rectify the issues further. Please contact me directly at the Wheatsheaf via email bookings@thewheatsheaffarnham.co.uk or call me directly at the pub 012527171335. I hope to hear from you soon.