“Sponsered Meal for Cancer Research UK - Downing St. FARNHAM”
Review of Veer - CLOSED

Veer
Price range: US$30 - US$37
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2013

A really good, well presented restaurant, helpful staff and really excellent, plentiful, well cooked food. A new restaurant for Farnham and one that I will certainly visit again . Thank you for your support for the Charity Event I am already passing on your details to my friends.

1  Thank jane f
There are newer reviews for Veer

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Visited Veer as part of a group booking with a local charity group. - Had been to the restaurant under previous owners [The Banares] - the restaurant itself is informal and intimate but coped well with serving a large group. There were some minor issues as normal with a group booking when everyone orders together and eats at the same time But all in all a great night and coped better than some larger chain restaurants that claim to cater for groups. The menu choice is an excellent mix of traditional favourite and something new which offers something different from other South Asian Restaurants in the area. Would definitely return and recommend the restaurant for anyone wanting a change of venue for and evening out, especially couples escaping the hassle of children and wanting a quieter more intimate venue.

2  Thank Nixcails
Reviewed 15 May 2013

My first visit but I will definately return. The dishes I picked were a gamble as I'd never seen them on a menu before and I was very pleasantly surprised. Both very good especially the main which was tasty without being hot. I picked Chicken Papsila to start followed by Dum-Maro Lamb. My partner chose Onion Bhajee followed by Master Dabaang Chicken which were even better than my choices. The portion size was plenty, plates and food hot. Service was friendly. I recommend you give them a go. We were on a table of 12 having a range of dishes. All of our meals arrived together which doesn't happen everywhere. Everyone said they were impressed and would go back.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

The food was lovely the staff was lovely the whole atmosphere was amazing will defently go again. And will referr othere people to them

1  Thank alisonstacey
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Veer is on the same site as the old Benares, a restaurant which I used to find reliably good. The rebranded Veer looks good from the outside and promises an "Indian Restaurant" experience instead of "Curry House".

Upon arrival we were seated and immediately offered popadums and a drink which was a good start. However, no Cobra available (really? how do you run out of Cobra?), just Kingfisher. And no Mongoose even on the menu which was a shame.

Popadums were nice and the dips looked good but weren't actually that great. All a bit watery and sickly to be honest.

The menu was interesting with some decent ideas on there, and maybe we selected wrongly, but they just didn't work. The food was bland, even the dishes with heat in them and for the first time in a long time, we didn't finish the food on the table.

The staff were friendly although we didn't need to be asked 5 times whether our meal was OK Maybe they suspected something. Paying was a bit of a farce too with the card machine not working for about 10 minutes, but that does happen sometimes I guess.

All in all, it was "OK". Not sure why they decided to rebrand from Benares (same staff, Benares charged to my card) but it didn't do it for me and we won't be hurrying back for a distinctly average meal at the higher end of the indian food price range in this area (£27 a head for food + 2 drinks each). £4.50 for a pint of coke was taking the mickey as well.....