“Easter Monday”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We had a very pleasant visit to the bluebell on easter monday, myself and my husband took our children for lunch for a table booked at 12:30 (we had tried to book later but were informed that this was the only slot available) after we had a walk around alice holt, caught in somewhat of a shower!!! I had the chicken terrine with chorizo to start and my husband had the shallot tart with goats cheese ice cream, i will admit i was slightly put off by the idea of ice cream for a starter but it was very nice when i tried some! Our children both had the chicken on the childrens menu and both myself and my husband had the pork belly, both were tasty and not too fatty as is sometimes the case! I finished with the apple tart and my husband with the rum & raisin pana cotta. A most enjoyable visit and will definitely be returning!

Dear ffion,
thank you so much for your pleasant review, it is great here for a quick trip after Alice Holt, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We came here on Easter Monday and the place was packed - we hadn't booked so were offered a table outside, which was a bit damp (being Easter weekend), or the snug in a corner of the pub, which we duly chose. In spite of being completely rushed off their feet the staff were remarkably calm, friendly and helpful and we all very much enjoyed the food - two of us had the Hogs Back sausage and cider mustard mash, another had the burger stuffed with Stilton (not overwhelmingly so) and I had the chicken breast with black pudding croquette which was very tasty.

All in all a good pub in attractive surroundings, definitely worth a visit.

Dear Golden H,
thank you so much for your kind review, you were indeed lucky to get a table. Thank you for visiting us and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were impressed with the facilities and the food in general The Bluebell particularly as our group had several young children

We were disappointed however that none of the menu options had any vegetables and they weren't available when requested (our daughter loves peas and broccoli but there was none available) and it left my husband feeling hungry

Very disappointing

Dear Katherine,
thank you for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed the family friendly atmosphere we strive for. I'm also very sorry you were unable to have any extra fresh vegetables. We have taken your view on board and have now added extra seasonal vegetables to our daily order so we have more to offer and less likely to run out. I really hope you give us another try.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

£13.95 for a very average burger and a small portion of chips. Staff can't cope in busy times and there was long delay on food. Delays are fine if explained in a friendly way but the staff act like customers are a big headache!

Dear Julie L,
thank you for your review. I'm sorry about the food and the service on the day you came. I'm very saddened because the burger should have been a big wow factor (hence the price) the service is always (sadly not this day, so sorry again) friendly and warm. Please do come again and give us a try, I do think you just came at a peak time on a exceptionally busy day.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Sunday lunch -cold plates,over cooked beef and then 45minutes wait for dessert. Okay but not brilliant

BraveSir, Owner at The Bluebell, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Sue,
thank you for taking the time to feedback (and by email too!) Just to reiterate points from my email, it would have been nice to have this feedback at the time. I was aware of the delay on desserts (28 minutes by our records, as I said still too long.) I hope the free round of drinks helped with this. Thank you for the lovely comments and kind tip from your table too and the big smiles when leaving.
many thanks