“Farnham Maltings box office rip-off”
Review of Farnham Maltings

Farnham Maltings
Ranked #8 of 24 things to do in Farnham
More attraction details
Owner description: Farnham Maltings is a creative organisation that works with artists and communities to encourage most people to make, see and enjoy the best art possible.
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Today I attempted to buy a ticket over the phone

The lady wanted to charge me £1 extra for using a card over the phone

Upon challenge for this, she claimed, very specifically, that “the bank charges us £1.00 per transaction for cards”

I presumed this to be a lie

I rang my bank to verify (First Direct)

They did some checking and confirmed that they do NOT charge £1.00 per transaction

I rang again and complained; we did not come to any meeting of minds. She didn’t want to send any messages from me to the boss

I am very dissapointed that this organsation presumes to lie to its clients.

And I am dissapointed that they think you can get away with stating one price in public while actually extorting a bigger sum from clients who respond to your publicly stated prices

7  Thank Tom V

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Just been to see Giles Brandreth at the Maltings talking about 'Happiness' Really good couple of hours spent, listening to his tales, very entertaining, charming and witty man. The Maltings is a great venue, definately worth a visit with lots of different things going on there.

2  Thank saraSurrey
Reviewed 30 November 2013

A local centre for the arts in which markets, evening classes, performances and all sort of things go on. A great space. I attend a writing group on Tuesday night.

1  Thank MarieBreenSmyth
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I am a member of the Maltings and go regularly. It is a fantastically well run place full of buzz. Perfect for ALL age groups. Two excellent cafes, a pleasant patio to sit out in the Summer, a very historic interesting building which has been sympathetically updated. I have been to Christmas Fairs, Book and Antique Fairs, stand up comedy, films, music, evening talks, Art exhibitions, met friends for lunch - I cannot imagine Farnham without the Maltings - it is a HUB! The only thing it definitely ISN'T is a theatre and although they try their best to bring touring groups and Childrens Plays which are often excellent - the building can NEVER replace the fabulous auditorium that was the Redgrave Theatre now standing empty and neglected due to a lethargic and unsupportive Council!

1  Thank mrsnickleby
Reviewed 20 October 2013

There is always so much on her from HD live Opera and Ballet, to live groups, exhibitions, dancing, cinema, specialist sales. If you are coming to Farnham do look on their website and take advantage of all the events that are on.

1  Thank dcberry2016