“Tea for two? Delightful!”
Review of The Vintage Cake House - CLOSED

The Vintage Cake House
Description: The Vintage Cake House is a traditional English style tearoom run by a small team who each have a passion for vintage style, baking, tea drinking and providing friendly service, good quality fresh food and fantastic tea & coffee. Located in the historical town of Farnham, Surrey - situated on Downing Street, we are blessed to be surrounded by other beautiful listed buildings. We thrive on being a completely independent business & the only Tearoom in Farnham. Please browse our website for more information
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Tea for two? Delightful!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Took my niece here for a birthday treat and we loved it. Its a quaint little cafe and the decor is very shabby chic which was perfect for afternoon tea.
The food was very well presented and all fresh. It beat the afternoon teas I've had at famous hotels!We had a high tea which consisted of delicious dainty sandwiches, mine was crayfish and delicious. There were also freshly baked scones and a slice of homemade cake. The tea was proper leaf tea, the best I've tasted in years.
The cafe is only small and is very popular so we had to wait for a table but it's well worth waiting for.
Perfect for mother and daughter special time or with a friend.
I will certainly be going back there as it was also great value for money.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Crissie-12

London, United Kingdom
“Quintessential Englishness”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I love the idea that the girl who owns this place is so young and full of ideas. Her decor is right on theme and the service (albeit sometimes slow) is always cheery and polite.

This is the perfect middle-class, yummy mummy haunt which is what I think the owner is aiming for but also attracts the older generation with its old world charm and vintage (without being twee) look.

An awesome location makes this the must visit cafe for a mid morning break although lunch is good too.

My one negative point would be that the cakes are missing something but I can't put my finger on it.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Richard H
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A great change from the normal cafe”
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

I've walked past this cafe numerous times before and fancied going in. Items on the menu include tea cakes to paninis to full afternoon teas. They do a good selection of teas and cakes also. We were impressed with the little touches like the salad dressings and sugar tongs etc. Service was friendly and accomodating. Will definitely be back with friends. The staff were all dressed in vintage style clothing with mismatching crockery to eat off and the room was surrounded by bunting etc.

• Visited May 2013