“One night stay - 18th March 2013”

Farnham House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Farnham
Manchester, United Kingdom
“One night stay - 18th March 2013”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Stayed here for one night for business purposes. It certainely did the job. Was a nice change from the usual holiday/premier/travel inn. Staff were really friendly and accomodated my room request.

There was almost too much choice for breakfast, which was freshly made and really good.

Would definatly stay here again

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding here on 15 March 2013 and stayed overnight. Having seen the terrible reviews of the wedding on 25 January 2013, we had considerable misgivings but need not have worried. Our room was clean comfortable and well appointed. The wedding meal, disco buffet and breakfast were good. All the arrangements and the ceremony itself went smoothly. The bar stayed open well into the early hours and service was fine. All the staff we met were friendly and efficient and there were enough of them. The grounds looked lovely but the weather prevented us from making any use of them. In short, the whole occasion was a great success and I would recommend the hotel to anyone wishing to arrange a wedding on a reasonable budget. Of course, you could certainly have a grander affair at a four or five star hotel but you would have to pay more.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Drofo2013
Andover
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed here for one night staff were very accommodating, made us a very nice late night sandwich, and a drink from the bar. If I could find out what ham they used,... it was so nice. Nice atmosphere and beautiful environment and grounds. Breakfast was also very good, fresh and tasty ingredients. The room was clean and tidy, shower good too. Mattress was comfortable and nice linen etc.

One down side; no decaf tea.
Oh yes and the atmosphere would be so much enhanced if the (several) open fires were lit.

Room Tip: The drive is narrow with walls either side so drive carefully. Room 8 had a lovely balcony and outl...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SarahAndover
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2013

A friend and I booked the twin room as we were attending a wedding nearby.
As we wanted somewhere to get ready, keep our things and somewhere to return to after the wedding, we wanted something reasonably priced on the basis that we weren't planning on spending much time in the hotel room.
We were happy with the cleanliness of the room and the tea and coffee amenities (although only one normal teabag provided!). Clean towels and bedding were supplied. Bathroom was nice and clean. Staff were really friendly and organised for our taxi to the wedding venue and called our room on it's arrival.
I would definitely stay there again. It's 3* and I think you get what you pay for and expect for this rating. We didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Leanne K
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I have spent the last 30 years living and working overseas staying literally hundreds of hotels abroad and in the UK. We moved back to the area recently and when discussing possible venues for a family reunion with siblings (no longer living locally), we decided it would be nice for everyone to come back to Farnham and so we settled on the Farnham House Hotel, booking 9 rooms and dinner.

What made us decide on the Hotel came predominantly from the friendly and welcoming atmosphere generated by staff and the Country House feel of the hotel.

We were not disappointed and everyone had a truly wonderful time, and it felt like home from home (even though I only live two miles away)!

It is not a 5 Star hotel, but what they do do, they do very well. We feel we got great value for money (and loved the breakfast sausages)!

We will certainly recommend to others and happy to use again there ourselves.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Scullyman
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2013

A pleasant location with good parking and plenty of charm. Staff were very good and breakfast excellent. Rooms and decor are tired however and the bed could have been more comfortable. However, it is good value for the area for a one or two night stop over or business trip.

Room Tip: Plenty of stairs so ask if you have heavy luggage as no one offered to carry bags
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I stayed Sunday night for £50 excl breakfast which was the best deal in town. This included free WIFI which is very important to me. On booking my room, I was reassured that the Internet works in all of the rooms.

The hotel is easy to find off the A31 and is approached by a long drive with a magnificent double row of mature trees. It felt like I was arriving at the Ritz-Carlton in LA ! Unfortunately this comparison soon ended on entering reception. I was greeted by a very pleasant Scottish gentleman but I could only understand every third word that he uttered. He checked me into my room efficiently and I was immediately disappointed with the small size and the dated decor. There was a small tv and tiny desk with no minibar.
I called down to reception for the wireless network key and was told not to bother as it did not work. "It had been this way all weekend" so why didn't they tell me that when booking?

Overall I felt cheated and found the hotel disappointing but it was also a bargain price. I shall probably return if they keep the rates and fix the internet.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnham
Best Western Frensham Pond Hotel
#1 of 7 in Farnborough
Alton House Hotel
Alton House Hotel
#1 of 3 in Alton

Been to Farnham House Hotel? Share your experiences!