“Lovely time was had by all”

Farnham House Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Farnham
Northants
“Lovely time was had by all”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Just came back from a wedding at the hotel. It was very enjoyable & the staff we very helpful (besides an issue with a raspberry). There were two small issues. The first re rooms being ready (a lot of us wanted to get changed in our rooms as we had travelled a long way but as they had had a wedding the previous day very few rooms were ready in time - perhaps a room for people to change would be a good idea). Second , check your bill. When they get rushed errors can be made (I don't think they were intentional)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
UK
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Visiting the area for a wedding at nearby northbrook park. Hotel is lovely, nice grounds, we stayed in a nice room with a recently refurbished bathroom with jacuzzi bath. It could be a four star with just a few improvements.
It's a shame that after refurbishing the bathroom that they put in a rubbish shower, not a power shower!
The chap that looked after us with our meal was friendly, perhaps a little too over familiar.
The main let down was the food. The service was quickish, but the quality of food was below par. The steaks were poorly cooked, if requested rare, it was medium or even med-well. The puddings were not great either. Some of our party ordered the bread & butter pudding, it was warmed up stodge! Awful.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Barbird
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My room overlooked the garden with little balcony which was a beautiful view to wake up to. The staff are lovely, they greet us like old friends and have been extremely accommodating when I arranged a venue for a meeting.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Wow what can I say me and my new wife just had our reception their and it was truly amazing every single one of the staff their looked after us so well paying especial thanks to Kevin he is amazing we had the best night . Good food rooms are spacey clean and very pretty fantastic location thanks guys

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Arazmitaz
Epsom, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We went to a wedding at the hotel which was lovely. Wonderful setting and very obliging staff. I stayed the night before in a double room and was being joined by my family the next day for the wedding. The bed was lovely when it was just me but once my husband and 2 children arrived it was very cramped and the childrens beds (put up camp beds) were very flimsy. The breakfast the morning before the wedding had been wonderful - in a small room where we were asked what we would like for breakfast, however the morning after it was a buffet style and practically everything had run out. All in all a pleasant stay and like I said a fantastic venue for a wedding but I won't be rushing back in a hurry.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013

we booked to stay in this hotel for my daughters wedding at a nearby venue. We had to arrive at the venue early to set up and to save travelling home again to get ready I contacted the hotel and asked if we could check in early. They said this would not be a problem and we could arrive at 12.30. We arrived at about 11.45 and the 2 rooms were ready for us.Lovely rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors, both very clean. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and all the staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Cheddar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed on Wednesday 3rd April for a nearby wedding reception. The hotel is set back along a long driveway and parking is free. The hotel has old English charm with plenty of dark wood panelling, large stairwell complete with suit of armour and creaky floorboards to match. On arrival I was a little short of time but the staff at reception were friendly and efficient ensuring I was checked in, an iron and board swiftly delivered to my room and I had a taxi booked.

The room was not roomy but quite ok for a single with comfortable bed, tea and coffee making facilities, flat screen TV and desk. The en-suite shower room was clean and functional although it did take a while for the hot water (but when it came it was a good hot powerful shower). Unfortunately the lock on my door failed and it was apparent that it had been repaired many times, a bolt lock inside might provide some travellers with a greater sense of security. Fault was reported to reception in the morning. Wifi is chargeable.

The stay was a quick stopover but the hotel was comfortable and staff pleasant!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnham
Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel
#2 of 3 in Alton
Holiday Inn Farnborough
Holiday Inn Farnborough
#6 of 7 in Farnborough

Been to Farnham House Hotel? Share your experiences!