“A beautiful wedding venue”

Farnham House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Farnham
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I got married in August last year and i had the best day ever. The garden wedding was beautiful, the staff friendly and can not do enough for you. The food was out of this world and the rooms comfortable. Ours had a spa bath and 4 poster bed in it which was lovely after such a long day.
Our guests throroughly enjoyed themselves and we are looking forward to going back for our anniversary.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank samantha f

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was looking for a nice location to have Sunday lunch with family as we were celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary.
After a little research and an extensive discussion with the hotel regarding menu I decided that Farnham House was the best option based on my budget as we were a fairly large group and the hotel advertised a three course Sunday Lunch set menu at a very reasonable price.
On the day we took drinks on the lawn and were given a menu to order from with a choice of starters, mains and desserts. The order was taken whilst we enjoyed the sunshine in the beautiful grounds so when we did move inside the food was ready to be served. The quality of food was excellent with plenty of vegetables served on the side and in general service was also good however, my only niggle would be that after starters I had to ask for the wine list and after dessert I had to ask for coffee (neither was offered).
I would also like to commend the management who courteously resolved a discrepancy regarding the bill.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed unexpectly & was firstly blown away by the outside surrounding fields & curling up the drive to a breathtaking view of this 19th century rose covered house,My room was equally stunning & facing the lush lawns & the start of a wedding ...after an exusting day I just wanted to get into the fresh white sheets & have a nap, then the wedding party came inside to dance the night away, after a hour, I asked if I could be moved into a non vibrating room , so I was taken to a very cute room at the back of the house, cool clean & banging doors!, the second night was more of a success , lovely food sent to my room & managed to take some pictures , I would come back but only if it was my own wedding making too much noise :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Danielle B
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed for one night and we must say what a lovely hotel it is clean lovely grounds hotel lovely and clean lovely food staff can't do enough for you even though they were run off there feet they all ways had a ready smile and a chat to make sure we were ok the food was lovely really can recommend this hotel a must stay if your in area

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

If you want a quiet place, away from the hype and cinematic look, this is the place! Accommodations consistent and pleasant. Great beer. On the weekend you can be a part of a wedding party. Near of M3. 10 minutes far from Farnham downtown. The negative, is not easy to find a cab, the better way is have a rented car.

Room Tip: on the second floor, in front of armor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I was there just for one night....but absolutely felt in love with the place.
The hotel is in the countryside, just outside Farnham, but easily reachable by taxi.
It's a stylish Surrey house, with all the facilities needed. The room was bright and clean, very warm and comfortable. I had also dinner there, impeccable service and tasty food.
The surroundings are very nice, there's the possibility of golfing or horseriding.
Indeed a magical venue for a wedding!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I visited this hotel for 2 nights staying over for a wedding. The grounds are simply beautiful. The hotel although small is great, full of character. The rooms vary, and I must say that I did get a small room with no view, however this was due to the hotel being totally booked with the wedding guests. Other rooms I saw were of a good size and some with lovely views over the beautiful grounds, including the occasional deer! The staff were more than helpful, I cannot praise them enough. They were friendly and efficient and nothing was too much trouble for them. The lounge area with bar was small but with loads of charm and character as you would expect in an old country house hotel. I would definitely stay there again, however would choose my room this time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor overlooking the grounds
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnham
Frensham Pond Hotel
Alton House Hotel
Alton House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Alton
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel

Been to Farnham House Hotel? Share your experiences!