“New Ownership Fantastic Italian Food”
Review of Farnham Park Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Farnham
Farnham Park Hotel
Ranked #20 of 22 Farnham B&B and Inns
London
“New Ownership Fantastic Italian Food”
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I noticed a couple of minibus's with Italian plates pull into the Farnham Park Restaurant drive and then saw the sign advertising new ownership and authentic Italian food so I visited that night.

This was their first day and they had not yet fully opened for business but they agreed to serve my family and I anyway. They are redocorating and modernising the facilities and things are already looking very nice. The restaurant area is the first in the schedule of facelifts.

We allowed them to serve us whatever they wanted and this was a good decision. The food just kept coming in typical Italian (Sicilian) style with sumptuous vegetarian anti-pasta, fish Pasta and a range of other courses with finally assorted fruit cooked in a lemon liquer from Corsica. Everything tasted fantastic and we will definitely return. During the meal they sung traditional Southern Italian songs to entertain and plied us with large quantities of house wine (very nice) and Grappa/Liquers.
All of this for £25 per head!

The hotel still requires some modernising but this is next on the agenda. Nice people, nice service and briilliant value.

Room Tip: Let them pick what you eat!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bertybign

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Having read the reviews before my arrival - the office had picked the hotel - I feared the worse. And yes the building does need some serious work, speaking to the owner he said he hoped to get permission to expand the place.

But I have nothing but good things to say about the owners and staff, they were very friendly and helpful. They were very casual with a "take us as you find us" approach which some guests may find odd for a hotel but nothing like the nightmare that some other reviewers portrayed.

The food was good and they were prepared to cook what you wanted, at breakfast (large enough to get me through the day) they'd ask what do you fancy for tea and sure enough they would prepare it for you on your return.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
livepool
Reviewed 20 December 2010

when we arrived. we were greeted by very friendly owners,who continiued to be friendly throughout our stay.The rooms were very comfortable and very clean.breakfast was nice and overall would come back again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Found very peacefull,good food to go with it.I don't know about the past but recently they got new staff who can speak good english.I found them friendly and the curry was great.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 5 September 2010

It's possibly unfair to write this. We didn’t stay the night and try the breakfast. :-/

We had been palmed off to this hotel because another one in the neighbourhood (Frencham) had double-booked us, but we were desperate to find a hotel. Our research had shown no other hotel had any availability that night. So we did the other offending hotel a favour by agreeing to stay somewhere else.

The location of Farnham Park Hotel is ok but nothing else is. We checked in and were put in a particularly pungent room with 1970’s bathroom fittings, no shower, no large mirror, no effective curtain on the single Velux window, dirty carpets, dubious bed, horrid little television and a general air of neglect.

Having unpacked we worked out that, although this was late afternoon, there appeared to be no other guests. So we decided just to escape. We changed our plans and travelled home again. A sad state of affairs – it has the architecture and location to make something good - but a penny-pinching attitude has killed the Farnham Park Hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gummington

Travellers are raving about these Farnham hotels

UK
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I recommended some of my friends and family to stay here when I had a party as it its close to my house however I will never do so again. My friend arrived at my party having been given free vodka by the owner of the hotel who claimed his hotel was like faulty towers only his was "p1ssed towers". My friend had her 8 year old daughter with her - not the nicest thing for her to be hearing. However we laughed along. At midnight though when my friend returned to the hotel it was a different story. The owner was nowhere in sight, and his daughter was running the hotel in a state that I can only describe as being off her face. Aside from her appearance (make up smudged all over her face) she was threatening my friend for no apparent reason and I watched as her boyfriend had to hold her back and send her to their room. Her boyfriend who claimed he was nothing to do with the hotel apologised saying that she had been drinking all day and obviously can't handle it. They were quick to give a refund and my friend came back to my house - not before the police had been mind you! I would say stay here if you want something cheap and easy but at £70 per night it wasn’t even that! (By the way I think the only good review on the place was about a different hotel as it claims it is south of Farnham, this place isn’t it is very much North Farnham!)

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank Juliet15
london
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Heed my warning people NEVER EVER stay here, there are plenty of hotels in this area to choose from it’s just not worth it!

I arrived with my 8 year old daughter and was greeted by 2 feral toddlers (the owner’s grandchildren) screaming and throwing things around...nice welcome. On reception I was checked in by a drunken woman (daughter of the owner). She slurred through the check-in process...I should have walked away then (hind sight is a wonderful thing). I'd had a long journey and asked if I could get a drink form the bar before getting ready to go out. I was led to the bar area and greeted by another drunk - who I was told was the owner. He kept trying to cuddle me in front of my daughter which was completely inappropriate, as he was that drunk he could not even speak. I made a quick exit from the situation and went to my room to get changed.

On return to the hotel later that evening I was greeted by a screaming banshee (again the owners daughter) she was drunk and wired as far as I could tell, accusing me of knowing someone (why, who what I still have no idea) I was threatened with physical violence in front of my child, who by this time was hysterical, I was so shocked at this behaviour I then called the police as I was terrified of what the clearly unhinged woman would do. I made a quick exit to my room and she still followed me, with her 2 year old feral child in her arms screaming at me.

I immediately collected my things - demanded a refund and have made an official complaint to the police

• Stayed August 2010