“"Love this Place"”

The Antiques Warehouse
Ranked #11 of 25 things to do in Farnham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Two Elizabethan tithe barns in stunning horse farm complex
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I live nearby and pop in to browse on a weekly basis just in case something "new" has arrived. I always receive a friendly welcome from Hilary and her "crew". Over the last year I have bought about 10 items; amazing walnut wardrobes, lovely mahogony sofa tables, oak coffers, sideboards, William IV tea tables and each piece has been of excellent quality and I definitely feel good value.
They also deliver (fee to be paid but never extorionate) and I can often buy a piece of furniture in the morning and it will be siting in my home within 24 hours!

1  Thank Karen C
Hilary B, Owner at The Antiques Warehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.It is encouraging to hear from such happy, loyal customers who are pleased with the quality and good value of our furniture .We work very hard to keep our standards up,and look forward to seeing you again soon,

All reviews
"cutlery"
"walnuts"
"elizabethan"

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Antiques Warehouse is a real hidden gem - it's not that easy to find; but when you do, it is stuffed full of beautifully presented antiques. It's a good place to visit on a dull weekend, coffee and cake is served with a smile to the tinkling of a piano - bliss.

3  Thank Ian R
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Most expats lucky enough to live in the UK, shop for a few special things to bring back home. English antiques invariably top many of our lists. The Antiques Warehouse is my go-to every few months to see what's "new" and I am never disappointed. I love that Hilary, or one of her lovely staff, warmly greet you but are never intrusive, allowing you to look at your leisure, but always happy to share the provenance of their pieces. The centre is a gorgeous old property in a pastoral setting, where you can spend hours exploring every nook and cranny. Prices are very good and there's a selection of treasures for every budget. There are very few shops left, in my opinion, that still offer a large array of genuine antiques (not imported knock-offs). Highly recommend - whether you're just dipping your toes into antiquing, or you're a seasoned collector.

2  Thank graciouslivinguk
Reviewed 26 May 2014

If you are a Antique collector, and if you go to Farham, it's mandatory that you visit The Antiques Warehouse run by Hilary Borroughs. Friendly atmosphere, excelent people, sit around for a cup of tea or coffee, have a chat, and look around, you will be amazed at what you can find.

4  Thank eddybrooks
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I visited the antiques warehouse recently,
on a day out with my wife and stumbled across this amazing antiques centre,
I remember proper antiques centre like this one,but did not think there where any left!
Especially in this area, all the others around this area have been water down so much there are not really any actual antiques left,
In these two old tithe barns I found a treasure trove of true antiques, set out in beautiful color schemed sections and room settings,
Not just piled together,
But you still get that feeling that you could discover a hidden treasure,
From genuine antique furniture, a stunning collection of silver,jewellery,rugs,etc etc!
We even got advice from and in house master upholster,
Wonderful staff, coffee and cake at weekends, and a live pianist playing music from days gone by,
After my visit I now know there's a lot more things I can't live without!!
Definitely add this one to your must visit list if you like proper antiques!!

2  Thank Elgar75046108
Hilary B, Owner at The Antiques Warehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Glad you enjoyed your visit. We work very hard to maintain our business as a true antique centre. We look forward to seeing you again!