“A delight to visit”

The Antiques Warehouse
Ranked #10 of 24 things to do in Farnham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Two Elizabethan tithe barns in stunning horse farm complex
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Caro Eton
Visited the Antiques Warehouse today. Well what a find! Lots of fascinating things, not just furniture but interesting"stuff" as well. So good to find genuine antiques rather than repro! The whole place is beautifully laid out as well as being housed in great old barns. Really worth the visit.

1  Thank Caroline B
"elizabethan"
"path"
"cafe"

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Having scoured Surrey and Hampshire for a proper Antiques Centre, as opposed to the multitude of outlets peddling tat from the local car boot.. well I exaggerate, but if you're a serious collector most "antiques centres" are really selling at best, good vintage furniture.. not real antiques.. there is a difference and that fact really strikes you when you walk into this place. It really is a most tasteful Aladinns Cave with everything from good pictures and silver to some cracking Georgian furniture. I spent an hour in there and could have spent much longer. Staff were informed, courteous and helpful and not in the least pushy, and tea and cakes were on offer.. even a pianist on occasion I understand. Stylish indeed ! Having had a dreary hour at the nearby establishment .. this place really made my afternoon.
It is I guess unashamedly "high end", but I did notice several items very competively priced.
Well worth a visit.. I would add its a little hard to find, I drove past the entrance and retraced my steps before finaly arriving

1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed 10 July 2014

If you love antiques and you want to spend an hour or two perusing the real thing, make your way to the Antiques Warehouse in Runfold, near Farnham . The furniture is not just plonked down as isolated pieces, but wonderfully displayed in room settings in beautiful colour schemes with soft furnishings and ornaments. Really, it's all done for you. Whether it's for yourself or a present for someone, there's something for all pockets. Every room is catered for, even your garden. Interesting objects of yesteryear, jewellery and collectibles are also in abundance..

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The place is well laid out, with similarly-styled furniture grouped together, helping draw your eye to pieces you like..

Seems to be all original stuff - I didn't come across any reproductions. We got a great, huge, oak kitchen dresser, over 200 years old, for less than it was going to cost us to have a pine dresser made for the space. Very glad we waited and stumbled across this. We took my sister-in-law visiting from overseas when we went to pick it up and she found a Victorian necklace and earrings that I just picked up for her as she couldn't find anything similar in Australia for less than twice the price.

We have been just a few times, always on a Sunday, and it's very nice in the early afternoon with the grand piano being played effortlessly. Kind of like visiting a friend's old place, but where they let you take away their furniture if you want! I feel comfortable there, and that is kind of rare for a guy in an antiques shop...

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I live nearby and pop in to browse on a weekly basis just in case something "new" has arrived. I always receive a friendly welcome from Hilary and her "crew". Over the last year I have bought about 10 items; amazing walnut wardrobes, lovely mahogony sofa tables, oak coffers, sideboards, William IV tea tables and each piece has been of excellent quality and I definitely feel good value.
They also deliver (fee to be paid but never extorionate) and I can often buy a piece of furniture in the morning and it will be siting in my home within 24 hours!

1  Thank Karen C
Hilary B, Owner at The Antiques Warehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.It is encouraging to hear from such happy, loyal customers who are pleased with the quality and good value of our furniture .We work very hard to keep our standards up,and look forward to seeing you again soon,