“Outstanding evening wedding venue!!”
Review of The Princess Royal

The Princess Royal
Ranked #1 of 22 Farnham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I recently had my evening wedding reception at the Princess Royal. From the start of my contact with the hotel, and Chris especially, the staff could not do enough for us. The arrangements went really smoothly over the months of planning. They were able to provide rooms for my guests, a buffet and a DJ.
The rooms were clean, comfortable and well appointed. 25 of us had a meal on the Friday evening and there was a good choice and everyone was happy with their dishes, as they were with their breakfasts.
On the evening of the wedding the buffet was amazing, including a poached salmon and lovely pudding choices. The DJ was great and very helpful and the function room was comfortable and just the right size for our group. it was a lovely evening and it was so nice for my guests to be able to sit outside the front of the hotel and also in the rear garden.The staff were polite and helpful throughout the event.
I would not hesitate to recommend this venue for a similar event. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Tania Irwin I, General Manager at The Princess Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Good morning

Feedback like this is always great to hear and I am delighted that we were chosen as the venue for your special day.

I will pass on your thanks to Chris who I feel always provides guests with a high level of service when it comes to arranging couples special days.

We pride oureslves in making the day run smoothly for you and providing quality food for you and your guests.

Please contact me next year prior to your one year anniversary as I would be delighted if you would join us for a complimentary meal to celebrate.

We look forward to seeing you soon and any photographs you are able to share or post to our facebook page would be much appreciated.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed here recently and was surprised as to how lovely it was. Good sized rooms and bathroom. Clean and tidy. Good fresh linen and towels and lovely bathroom toiletries.
Missed breakfast because we slept so well but would love to go back for another stay.

Hello

It is nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the rooms so comfortable that you overslept.

We look forward to you staying with us again soon and hoepfully making breakfast next time!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our one night stay at The Princess Royal couldn't have been better. It was the hottest day of the year but the large bedroom was very comfortable with it's efficient air conditioning. We were made very welcome and joined in the Australian/ New Zealand BBQ held that evening. We have booked again as it was such good value for money and a relaxing experience!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Gillian

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the The New Zealand and Australian BBQ. The BBQ is part of our Monthly World Food Crawl where the first Thursday of every month sees us travelling the world and serving different cuisine from various nations which has proven a success and customers enjoying the variety.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and perhaps you will be able to sample another nations cuisine next time.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed for one night on business. Large room, well equipped, very clean but very noisy night from A31 and fan in the bathroom. Ate dinner in the adjoining pub. Had the Rump steak which at £15.95 was very expensive as the quality wasn't great, although it was cooked as requested. Salads should consist of more than just lettuce leaves. Service was OK but expected higher standards from a restaurant charging the prices they do. Breakfast was lovely and Duncan was a very polite server.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs and as far away from A31 as possible!
1  Thank diane m

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us. We appreciate customers opinions in order for us to improve the quality of product that we offer.

We have over the past couple of months, alongside a new Head Chef, reviewed the menu and made changes as needed.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast as we do try to offer guests a variety of options to set them up for the day ahead. Also thank you for mentioning Duncan and his courteous manner. It is always nice to hear this and pass it on to them.

We hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We really enjoyed our say at this Hotel/pub. The rooms were lovely, extremely clean and comfortable and a cut above what you would normally expect. We enjoyed dinner al fresco, and all the staff were really helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was amazing, 5 star quality. We would return here in a heart beat. Our only minor complaint if we had to leave one would be that we both ordered the seafood pasta (chef special) and it was little on the small portion side. We wondered if they had possibly run out of ingredients and made it stretch. Desert how ever was delicious.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms were equally as lovely as ours.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Tania Irwin I, General Manager at The Princess Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Good evening

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us even if the pasta was on the small side and that breakfast filled you up before your journey home. The do say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future should be back this way.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

The rooms are of a good standard, quite large and very clean. Again the pub is very nice. I have given a three star (equal to 6/10). Thing that let this place down badly was the food which is sooooo bland. I had the plough mans on the first evening which came with a slice of ham that my petrol chainsaw would have struggled to get through. I wasn't expecting mitchelin star, but the basics of pub grub were sadly missing. I noticed a Thai restaurant a little further down the road, which should be a handy addition given the poor quality food served up at this place. This place is happy to charge for quality food but doesn't produce the goods. Big letdown

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Good evening

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Am am sorry to hear the the ham on the ploughmans was not up to standard.

We cook this ham on site and it is provided from a local Hampshire butcher which we very rarely have any issies with the quality of meat they provide. I do hope that you mentioned this to the staff on duty and that they retified the situation for you.

We pride ourselves on serving quality, freshly prepared food and value the feedback from customers to allow us to continually improve.

I hope that next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us again and allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We were a large family group of 15 plus staying at Princess Royal for a family wedding nearby. The rooms are of a good size, clean and comfortable and nice toiletries available! As the hotel annexe is located just behind the pub we had no worries about being disturbished from any noise.

There is a good selection of breakfast options from traditional full English to pancakes, scrambled egg and salmon as well as continental breakfast offerings

We ate at the restaurant for a couple of meals and there was a good selection of traditional pub meals on offer.The only issue with such as large group is that some of the orders were delayed or forgotten and some staff were more helpful than others but overall we had good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
Tania Irwin I, General Manager at The Princess Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

If I remember correctly I believe you stayed with us around the 13th June for 2-3 nights with your family.

I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that the range of breakfast on offer suited you and your guests.

As for your meals when dining with us I do apologise if there we a few delays or issues however we do endeavour to serve large parties as quickly and as smoothly as possible.

Should you be in the area again or passing through we do hope you chose to stay with us again.

Manager