“Great find”
Review of The Princess Royal

The Princess Royal
Ranked #1 of 22 Farnham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had tickets to the Farnborough Airshow and at the last minute decided to stay overnight the night before so we could arrive early and enjoy the whole day without being stuck in a traffic jam. Found this hotel/ pub on trip advisor and booked and am really glad we did. The rooms are comfortable but bets of all they have air conditioning - on a night when the temperature only dropped to around 18C this was a real bonus. Staff were friendly and the beds were comfortable and rooms and bathrooms were clean. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria6509
Tania Irwin I, General Manager at The Princess Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Good morning Maria

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us over the Farnborough Airshow period.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to us next time you are in the area (or for the Airhow again in two years time).

Regards

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here overnight for a wedding down the road.The room was quite nice,bar service was good.
Did not try the Restaurant until the morning for breakfast.
This was excellent.
The hotel seems to be off the beaten track and was quite hard to find,but that may have been me. I forgot my Satnav.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Good morning

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst attending a wedding locally.

I agree that sometimes it can be a bit difficult to find us if you have no Sat Nav as we are located on the old road to Guildford. We try to get guests to look at our website for the location just to help when they are in the area but you found us which is the main thing.

As for breakfast I am glad that enjoyed it and that it set you up for the rest of the day.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights assuming it is one of the best in the area. We were well received by the friendly staff member. Sadly, the room was unequipped for our requirements and as it became late we tried calling reception only to find reception is closed overnight. The first night for us was terrible as there was no one to turn to. When we shared our problem the next day we were given the requirements we were asked for so second night was ok. But as we arrived our room card did not work. Again it took us a long time to find someone to let us into our room. The breakfast itself is good with a suitable selection but there are too few staff serving too many people. It took 20 mins before we were able to give our order. When we asked one of the staff for attention she indicated 'no'. We have never been treated so harshly by any restaurant staff ever!

The room was clean and does have decent facilities but be sure to spell out to staff what you require and check when you enter the room as no one will help later.

Worst part was there is no way to complain. The hotel staff checked us out automatically by charging our card we left for security and did not give the opportunity to comment on their service.

Room Tip: Ask for everything you require when booking to avoid disappointment when you arrive.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sanaullah M
Tania Irwin I, General Manager at The Princess Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Good afternoon Sanaullah

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay over the weekend. I am disppointed that you feel that we did not provide value for money.

In regards to the reception being closed over night this is correct as we advertise that we do not operate a full 24 hour manned reception and apologise if you thought otherwise. There is however someone available 24 hours via calling the hotel reception so am confused as to why this did not work in your case as I regulary receive calls from hotel guests after hours.

In regards to the requirements in the rooms, is there something that we could provide for future guests which were missing in your case? We do frequently have requests from guests and if given the advance notice of this can generally provide.

I am however pleased that they had been resolved on the second night but any feedback would allow me to look into products and facilities and see if there is something that we could further provide for guests that were not there in your case.

As for the waitress, if you would be able to advise me of which day it was then I can have a word with them to ensure that they are providing the service that we pride ourselves on. A customer should never be told 'no' so would like to investigate this more.

As for the room bill being settled this would only be done if the guest has not checked out with us before midday. Although check out is 11am we then proceed to look through any outstanding bills and if not settled by midday use the card provided on arrival. It was under the impression that, as after midday, you had left with the undestanding that card would be charged. We do not readily process authorisations until a suffucent time after the 11am check out had passed.

As for the comments, whether good or bad, could be provded at check out. If I recall correctly nothing was menitoned and you appeared in a hurry to get to the wedding you were attending that day. I apologise if you felt that you were unable to do so at the time as I always like to recieve these to ensure we are ensuring customers leave happy.

Should you wish to discuss any of the above further I would be more than happy to speak with you. I am available most days or if you email me on princessroyal.manager@fullers.co.uk I woud be happy to call you.

I hope that if you are ever in the area again that you might try The Princess Royal again and allow us to restore your faith in us.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here as it was close to a wedding I was attending. I had an evening meal and alcoholic beverages. The front area is a fantastic area to socialise when the sun is out. The room was well equipped and clean. Breakfast was average. However, overall the hotel was fine

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank superman_lover
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed one night for family do in the area. Ideally located for visiting Farnham. Very welcoming, efficient check-in/out. Breakfast was excellent. Room was clean and comfortable, just what you would need for a short stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DelGlobeTrotter
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Six of us from Atlanta, GA, stayed there for 10 days and could not have been more pleased:
with accommodations, the staff, location, and the nice breakfasts each morning. We also ate a wonderful dinner there- one of the best meals while in the UK: a salmon dish. My only complaints are that more hangers are needed and washcloths were not to be had. (I bought some a nearby pharmacy.) Lots of nice restaurants in Farhham, and the shopping there was great!!

Room Tip: Only 21 available, and we were happy to be downstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recommended due to recent reviews and good location to wedding venue

Overall - hospitality good, rooms excellent, food excellent.

Lovely place to stay, would recommend to friends and family

Very pretty place - lovely english country pub

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnham
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham
#4 of 6 in Farnham
Aviator Hotel Hampshire
Aviator Hotel Hampshire
#1 of 7 in Farnborough

Been to The Princess Royal? Share your experiences!