“Excellent, Relaxing Stay. Will Be Back!”
Review of Hotel de Vie

Hotel de Vie
Ranked #3 of 22 Farnham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

A warm welcome awaits you here. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable, let alone, styled with time and elegance. Decoration and layout are perfect, chilling you out within seconds of arrival. It was hard to get out of the large shower.. "Massage by water" should be the sign on the bathroom door! I cannot think of what I could do to make our stay any better... Several choices of teas, coffees were made freely available, alongside juices and soft drinks. A large selection of treats and 'picky' bits also on tap for that little extra touch. The Hotel De Vie goes that extra mile to make sure your short stay is a break you will not forget.. Thank you all for the great service.. We Will Be Back!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank TelboysTravels

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I cannot speak highly enough of the staff and amenities at the hotel de vie. What I can say is that I have never stayed in a hotel that had staff that were more accommodating and willing to assist. They were also not disingenuous as in some hotels but came across as actually pleased to help in any way possible and interested in you as the guest.

The room was perfectly as described on the Internet. The information pack within the room was great for learning about where and where not to go in the local area and refreshingly candid.

There were free fresh drinks available round the clock in the bar area, as well as snacks. The hotel itself was beautifully decorated and absolutely spotless.

It is located in a great location, being only about a 5-10 minute walk into Farnham town and only 5-10 minute walk from the train station.

One point to note if you are walking from the train station and following google maps is that it may suggest to you to walk up Approach Road. This road does not have a path alongside so I would avoid this, especially with luggage. Instead, walk up Tilford Road and take a right onto Alfred Road. Walk to the end and the hotel will be on the opposite side of the road about 20yds on the left.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to visit Farnham and the surrounding area. This hotel does not just facilitate a holiday, it enhances it.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Went there for a couple of nights whilst we were in Farnham for a party. Great place.

Really good quality rooms, perfectly clean everything and the breakfast was wonderful. Had some Loch Fyne smoked salmon with scrambled eggs the first day, brilliant "Full English" the next.

Can't really fault it except that you need to allow time for your breakfast to be cooked unless you warn them when you are coming down the previous evening.

Room Tip: Don't go for the cheapest - there is not much cash difference but the bigger rooms are more room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed here last weekend for me and my husbands 2nd wedding anniversary and was amazed at how beautiful it was. It was classy and the staff were extreamly attentive and friendly. The decor is artistic and the rooms.... Beautiful. I will be planning to go back for my birthday and spending more time just relaxing in the room . We both stayed in the parisian suite and it was gorgeous and had everything you could possibly need and more. It's nice to see a hotel that has a real personal feel and at the same time you're getting top quality service. Love it Love it Love it... I reccomend this hotel for a romantic get away or a business trip... really works for both

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I booked myself and the wife into the scarlet suite as a early birthday present and the look on her face when we walked in was a picture. The room was beautiful, the staff were extremely helpful and catered for our every need if you're looking for a romantic break look no further couldn't find any faults what so ever

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 30 June 2013

A first visit for my wife and I to Farnham in Surrey necessitated an internet search for recommended local hotels. After half an hour of fruitless hunting and just as my eyes were glazing over, I found the Hotel de Vie. The reviews were all positive and I was fed up with looking.
We booked online and arrived late in the next afternoon. Perhaps 800 yds from the town centre, the hotel is a large, unassuming, converted Victorian house with parking to the rear. On ringing the doorbell we were greeted and checked in by an extremely helpful and friendly receptionist who briefly explained all that we might need to know and led us upstairs to our room, "Decadence". The room names are clearly tongue in cheek and whilst ours did have a splash of purple and a four poster bed, it was also clean, stylish and very comfortable. To be honest, having driven for 5 hours the first thing we did on arrival was have an hour long, undisturbed nap. We later walked the very pleasant route into the centre of Farnham and spent a romantic, sunny summer's evening eating and drinking and chatting the night away. On our return we wisely decided against a nightcap in the well stocked bar and headed up. Decadence is to the front of the building but the windows are double glazed and the drapes thick so we both slept well. In the morning we were greeted warmly by Jason, the proprietor, as we entered the breakfast/dining area and he soon arrived with the huge breakfasts we'd greedily ordered the night before. The food is cooked to order and tastes it. I looked on in horror as my wife consumed all of her vegetarian "full English breakfast" leaving nothing for me, a confirmed carnivore, to scavenge. Then it was time to leave and, before checking out, another member of staff came out to give us some of the more specific local knowledge we'd requested.
I have nothing but positives to say about the Hotel de Vie. The team of staff are welcoming, friendly and above all efficient. The layout and decor is warm and relaxed, yet stylish. We have owned a restaurant in the country for some years and, prior to that, my wife managed one of the more highly regarded London eateries. We both agreed this place is how we'd do it. A small, smart, comfortable hotel for grown ups.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

My wife and I stayed for a night in the Scarlet suite. The room was amazing, the staff were very helpful. Loved the little extra touches that they provide. Fantastic breakfast too. This is a 'must try' for any romantic getaway. Would highly recommend and will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: We didn't see the other rooms but the Scarlet Suite was excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MHN449
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnham
Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel
#4 of 6 in Farnham
Farnham House Hotel
Farnham House Hotel
#5 of 6 in Farnham

Been to Hotel de Vie? Share your experiences!