“A truly amazing hotel!”
Review of Hotel de Vie

Hotel de Vie
Ranked #3 of 22 Farnham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 March 2014

So to put it simply, this was a truly luxury stay! See there website for details of the rooms, you won't be disappointed. My wife and I fancied a night away and I found this place online... In the room we stayed in you could opt for breakfast in your room, very nice touch! The quality of the finishing are second to none and the services in your room are great to.. I give this an absolute 5* as we were made to feel welcome and yet left alone also. So for something of a different style & taste, give this place a try.. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Hotel de Vie

Reviewed 19 March 2014

When I booked a room at this hotel from my home in France, I just want to enjoy a relaxing night with my partner in our travel aroun the Uk. However, since the first moment when we parked our car at the beautiful and flowerful garden, I felt that in this hotel the thins were runing differently as I supossed.
Certainly, I am not used to be received with such a smile as the Marta and Arran smile when we crossed the door. The environment was full of small and artistic details that make me feel not just comfortable but also a little as I was in my own home. I dont want to describe any of them because it should be better to anyone who arrived at Hotel de Vie, to discover it.
The room (we were at the scarlet suite) was completely amazing...with more than one lovely gift, left by the management under the bed, that make us to enjoz a very beautiful night .
The hotel is warm and the staff is friendly. The breakfast is an autentic english breakfast, with all the timmings you can eat. Also the hotel has a lovelz garden and is placed in a lovely city.
In resume, we were not just one night here, but three going in London and coming back. I sincerelz recommend Hotel de Vie.
Raul Sanchey,
Lyon, 19/03/2013.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My wife and I have visited this hotel three times over the last 18 months, and could not be more impressed. The building is unremarkable from the outside, looking like a large house. There is a small guest car park, with ample parking considering there are only eight rooms. Upon ringing the doorbell and being granted entry, the setting changes entirely.
The dark wood, coupled with tasteful adult art and sculpture indicates that this is a place of luxury and indulgence. There is a table to your left with a huge array of over twenty different Tasimo coffee cartridges, as well as a wide range of teas, fruit, and other snacks which can be taken to your room whenever you like.
On our first stay, we had booked the Parisian Suite which is the 2nd largest in the hotel. The room was light and well laid out, with a giant bed, and a massive bath which could easily have held five adults. The furniture is in blue and cream, and the size of the room is very impressive. The cleanliness and quality of everything was outstanding. The only minor issue with this room is that the “bathroom” including the toilet is only separated by a translucent curtain from the rest of the room.
Breakfast is served in the dining room, which has heavy wooden tables. The food is cooked to order and is outstanding – it is the best smoked salmon with capers and scrambled eggs that I have ever eaten.

On our 2nd and 3rd stays we booked the Scarlet Suite which is the largest room. This room has a separate dining area with the option of taking breakfast in your room.
The bath is not quite as big as the Parisian Suite, but still very impressive. There is a stockpile of candles and a lighter to add to the mood, and a massive four poster bed.
There is also a separate seating area with a sofa and a very large TV.
This room is expensive (around £220 a night) but at only £40 more per night than the Parisian Suite, it is worth it for the separate toilet, the dining area in the room, and the shear magnitude of the suite. On both occasions we took breakfast in our room (note that this is the only room that provides this option) which was truly delicious, I again had the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, and on another occasion the full English

The hotel is adults only, the theme is around indulgence, the fact there are only eight rooms means they are well spread out and of an impressive size, the quality and quantity of the food is excellent, and the range of snacks available is an excellent touch.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough for a special weekend away, and the Parisian or Scarlet Suites are well worth splashing out for.

Room Tip: Scarlet Suite is the best in the house - is ground floor, offers in-room dining, and has a seperate...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seán A
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I went with my boyfriend last week just for one night to the Hotel de Vie and I had an amazing experience there!!

Excellent service and a very nice staff working there, very friendly!!
Rooms very clean and nice shower and organic gel and shampoo! very original and quality products.
The beds are exreeeeemely comfortable and rooms are beautiful, I really love this place.

The overall style of this hotel makes me feel home and it's all very well decorated;
they also have very nice music on the background and very interesting art books downstairs in the lunch room/restaurant.

I have seen the suite room just from the outside and Its sooooooo nice, i think it has a huge bath in the middle and a little lounge and amazing bed, next time im definitely going to book that one!

I would recommend this cute hotel to anyone who wants to have a relaxing, friendly, classy and proper quality time.
Definitely coming back and soooo recommend this pace high on the ranking!

Room Tip: The en suite room its amaaaazing!
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I took my girlfriend here for a relaxing naughty couple of days.
The Scarlet suite was as the photos suggested but I was surprised by the one position of the love swing ceiling hook, not optimal, neither was the location of a socket for the kettle. The 'complimentary snack bar' was in reception, and above all it was very cold, especially since we were not intending to wear anything for our time there.
I was also surprised that reverting to the tv, The complementary DVDs were not x rated
generally not as awesome as we had hoped, sad.

Room Tip: Take the things you expect to use with you and don't expect too much
2  Thank NebHor-Amen
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Found this place on Trip Advisor as the No. 1 in the area, glad I did! Made to feel very welcome on arrival and it just got better. Room was amazing, (Lady Hamilton), breakfast was excellent, with free coffees all day, what more could a man (and his lady) ask? Couldn't recommend highly enough!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kylewells
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at the Hotel de Vie with my fiance over Christmas and we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the hotel.
We spent one night in the Decadence room, and Decadence is the perfect word to describe it. The bed was soooo comfortable; I sometimes have trouble with hotel beds feeling a bit worn-in with stiff, thin sheets, but the gorgeous four-poster bed in this room was so cosy we both kept snoozing our alarms the next morning so we didn't have to leave it!
Plenty of space to get ready in the morning, with a lovely dresser to sit at to do my hair and makeup for the day.
Breakfast was beautiful, home-cooked to perfection just how we like it. I love the lobby area, being able to help yourself to coffee, hot chocolate and juices whenever you like is a great addition, and I might have helped myself to the oreo cookies perhaps a bit more than I should have ;)
The bar is great too, well-stocked and of reasonable price. My fiance especially enjoyed his Guinness, which is made using a special machine to get the taste and the head perfect. Highly reccommended, and he still talks about the 'Guinness Machine' to his friends :P
Of course the whole place is very clean, as would be expected. The theme throughout the hotel is great too, slightly risque, but in a tasteful way!
Arran and Marta have done a fantastic job with the Hotel de Vie, creating the perfect relaxed getaway for young couples like us, and I'm sure it would be just as luxurious for anyone staying here.
Can't wait to return, and hopefully next time we'll be able to stay in the stunning Scarlet Suite!

Room Tip: If you can afford to choose one of the larger rooms or a suite, definitely go for it! They are all t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnham
Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel
#1 of 7 in Farnborough
Farnham House Hotel
Farnham House Hotel
#4 of 6 in Farnham

Been to Hotel de Vie? Share your experiences!