“Never judge a book by it's cover”
Review of Zizzi - Farnham

Zizzi - Farnham
Ranked #26 of 131 Restaurants in Farnham
Price range: US$12 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Located off the High Street, our restaurant is a not-so-hidden gem near the castle of the picturesque market town of Farnham. This building has so much character; exposed beams, brick walls and even a resident ghost...a friendly one don’t worry. A separate mezzanine floor is available for private parties so get in touch if you'd like to book it for your next event. Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather. And if you’re celebrating something special, see if our private dining area is right for you.And tweet what you eat with WiFi available here (if you’re in to that).
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had been cycling in the New Forest and were on our way home. My kids were starving and wife shattered. We tried to get a table and were told there were none available for half an hour. There were plenty available. The manager was rude to us as we had tracksuits on that were a little bit muddy. I work in the City as a Sales Director, dining with top city professionals daily. If she had a problem with our appearance she could have politely told us instead of assuming we were some kind of riffraff.

5  Thank DDG1

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We visited for a late lunch, 2 adults and 4 young ladies. Food was good, although my friend's salmone broccoli was dry as a bone. We couldn't understand much of what the waitress said to us, bless her. The building is lovely and good for casual dining. The kids meals were good value. I never have any luck getting a table at my local branch in Exeter, so it was nice for a change. Interestingly, I noticed that the specials were mostly a higher price point than the standard menu.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We have visited Zizzis a few times over the past few years and have generally found it to be one of the better chain Italians. However, our visit last night has made us revise this opinion. The menu seems to have deteriorated a lot- very limited selection of starters and far too much focus on 'calorie counting' which I find intensely irritating. They used to do a good selection of pasta optiolns but the focus now seems to be on pizza.

We ordered the fritti misti for starters which was greasy and unappealing. Worse was to come with my main course- Rigatoni Melanzane which was really just unpleasant. The thin layer of bechamel sauce tasted like it had come out of a packet, the aubergine was undercooked and the whole thing was completely uninspiring. My husband's pizza was ok but lacking in flavour.

As opposed to other reviewers who have found the service slow, we had the opposite problem. Our starter arrived minutes after ordering, even before our drinks had been delivered to the table. After that was whisked away the main courses also arrived within a few minutes which meant out meal was over and done with just over an hour after sitting down- not a relaxing evening. Our table was booked for 8pm on a Saturday night so I would have expected to not be rushed as I presume there would be few bookings later.

The waitress was pleasant enough but this could not make up for the generally dire standard of food. We will be steering clear in future.

2  Thank klmdt
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I booked our table for 9 via the internet. The restaurant has just reopened after a refurb and we were delighted to find everywhere looked stunning. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch on Mother's day. The food was good, our table in a secluded corner was perfect and the service was first class. Thank you Zizzi for a perfect day.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Fistly we were led to a table just inches between another 2 occupied tables. We were given another table which was a little more private but had the lovely view and ambiance of a full coat stand. We waited 10 minutes for anyone to offer any service and were about to leave when we finally ordered a drink. The waiter had a bandage on his hand which was absolutely filthy and when our food arrived it consisted of reconstituted meat and was bland and tasteless.. School dinners would put this place to shame. We couldnt get out quickly enough and would certainly never return to a zizzi restaurant after this experience.

2  Thank jaki14k