“What a Shame!”

Thai Lotusland
Ranked #15 of 130 Restaurants in Farnham
Price range: US$26 - US$93
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our passion at Thai Lotusland is gourmet Thai cuisine that is authentic and very delicious. Thai food has gained an international reputation as one of the world’s greatest cuisines and we are sure you will enjoy a delicious lunch or a wonderful evening at Thai Lotusland.We only use the best quality vegetables, the leanest meats, the freshest fish and all natural ingredients in all our dishes.
“What a Shame!”
Reviewed 10 November 2010

My wife and I visited the Thai Lotusland on Saturday evening with our family, and I would have to say that I was underwhelmed, to say the least. It was my first experience of a Thai restaurant, although I love many other Asian cuisines so I was quite excited in the days beforehand, so perhaps I built it up too much. I would say that the service was the most disorganised I have seen for some while, and in the main my food was not good. The beef with garlic and pepper was good, but the Pad Thai noodles were overcooked and somewhat tasteless and I think a Thai restaurant that can't manage an average Pad Thai is not worth bothering with. My wife likened my Tom Yum chicken soup to a 'finger bowl with chicken'! next time we fancy a Thai meal we shall try the Thai terrace in Guildford or Monsoon i Hindhead and I would advise anybody else to do the same if you don't want to leave hungry.

Farnham, Surrey, England
“Better than any Thai restaurant we have been to in London”
Reviewed 29 October 2010

We have been to this restaurant numerous times, in fact we can't keep away. From the initial greeting at the door, to the end of the meal, the whole experience is delightful. We have what would be called "healthy appetites" and we always love every mouthful we have here. We've also taken friends and family who have voiced the same opinions as us. Some of the reviews are so off the mark I wondered if they were talking about the same restaurant! The service is superb and unobtrusive. They have accommodated all our wishes from NOT being placed at the front tables where your seat is at ground level (due to my bad back) to an alternative which was laid for 4, whereas only 2 of us were eating. The restaurant was busy so we effectively took up 2 extra places they could easily have filled. I have no hesitation in recommending Thai Lotusland, in fact we're eating there again this week-end!

1 Thank Beverly56_8
England
“Smart decor, nice service but poor value and average taste”
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Disappointed by this visit. Whilst the furnishings are very nice as is the welcome and service, the same cannot be said for the quanity and the quality.
We found the taste unremarkable, and the quantities were very poor. Each small serving dish had a decorative flower carved from a vegetable which took up half of the dish, so that the duck dish for example only had four or five small piece of duck. The papaya salad was tiny and seemed to be just carrots and cabbage slices.
We will not return in the near future.

UK
“Food very nice - and very fresh”
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Very nice place the decorations is done very tastefully and the tables are not cramped next to each other so you can have some privacy.
Food was really good we had a starter and a main and as my husband likes big portions these were absolutely adequate, we came out not full and bloated but absolutely nicely feed.
The dishes were prepared with fresh ingredients and after talking to our waiter being told that they had spices etc. delivered very week from Thailand which you can absolutely taste.
Great evening with very attentive staff and good food

Farnham
“Beautiful restaurant with good food but service unacceptable.”
Reviewed 24 July 2010

When we arrived at the restaurant we were shown to our table but then waited 25 minutes before ordering drinks. The food was very good but took a long time to come. As people left the restaurant tables were not cleared so left over food sat around for hours. More staff are obviously required. If service improved this restaurant could be excellent.