“Epic”

The Bull Inn
Price range: US$7 - US$36
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a traditional 16th century English pub serving traditional pub fare plus we offer a good choice of fresh fish specialities and daily meat specials. Our menus are online for you to view and they are updated on a regular basis.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have received the warmest welcome brilliant good and service!
This is welcoming pub warm environment team and owners make you feel very welcome!!
\this is what a pub should be.

1  Thank russvonbloomenburg

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I come from Birmingham and can honestly say that I fully recommend using the bull for both food and drink. In all my visits I have had a wonderful time where the staff have been very pleasant and attentive. I would wholeheartedly say that passing trade should stop off as I've personally been made extremley welcome and had a thoroughly great evening. I found the food to be of good quality and drinks served as expected. All in all top location and highly recommended!!

2  Thank Rejji1234
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Once again visited The Bull Inn for a bite to eat, and wasn't disappointed. We were greeted with a smile and shown to our table, our food was fantastic and service was excellent. Great value for money and a well recommended pub to eat.

1  Thank Katiemary1234
Reviewed 14 June 2014

......and pricey with it! We stopped off based on reviews previously read. Although the service was friendly and adequate the small ' restaurant' area we were directed to was functional rather than 'characterful '. The menu was varied but pricey for pub grub. Our sirloin steaks were rather tough and presentation was some what basic with chips in a small white china pudding basin. Both steaks were ordered 'medium' but one was rather bloody/watery as were the small tinned mushrooms accompanying them. I'm afraid the 10%discount offered off the next bill won't encourage us to return.

1  Thank axapeter1
TheBullInn4178, Owner at The Bull Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I am sorry you felt we offer dated dining, I'm not too sure what that actually means does it mean dated surroundings or dated menu? My staff are trained to table check every table soon after the main course has been served which gives all my customers the opportunity to say whether their meal is not up to standard, nothing was said to indicate you were not happy with everything on that day therefore we had no opportunity to put it right. Steaks are always so personal, everyone has their own idea on how a steak should be, unfortunately it is the nature of the beast and sometimes you will get the odd tough one, however if we had known at the time we would have happily cooked you a new one. I have mentioned your comments to our butcher. Can I just say we have never used tinned mushrooms, I will however talk to my chef concerning your comments on the presentation. As far as our prices go we do keep an eye on other pubs locally and in surrounding towns and we seem to be pretty much the same cost wise especially on the steaks. starters & desserts. I would like to think you will take up the 10% offer for your next visit however if you don't then I do take all comments very seriously and accept we cannot please all the people all of the time. many thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Another visit to The Bull and once again it exceeds expectations. I love the historic exposed beams and character, excellent service, gastro food pub with a warm Country welcome and friendly locals. This has to be one of my favorite pub/restaurants in the UK, just passing or make the trip, you wont be disappointed (try the Sunday Roast!). It would be a great place for a business lunch also. 10/10 keep up the great work :-)