“Unwelcoming”

Borellis Wine Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Borellis Wine Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 140 Restaurants in Farnham
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in the center of Farnham in Surrey. Borelli's is a contemporary Wine Bar, Steak Grill & Pizza restaurant set in the beautiful historic Borelli Yard, being one of the best locations in Farnham, near to the central car park. The olive green and white walls, polished wood and tiled floors create a warm and welcoming space at night, while the big windows let in plenty of sunlight during the day. Dining alfresco during the warmer weather in the spacious courtyard is very popular. Borelli's lunch menu offers a wide selection of wraps, baguettes and jacket potatoes and a range of heartier options from £9-95. The a la carte menu offers seriously good chargrilled beef and chicken dishes. Chefs specials menu changes every week. The relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant, great bar scene and music, friendly service and a comprehensive wine list with many wines available by the glass. Saturday nights are very popular with an 80's night and a Comedy Club every month.
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I came here for a relaxing evening with a few friends. We bought 2-3 drinks each (and spent a fair amount of money on each) and we were sitting in the smoking area politely chatting. The manager kept checking on us (I assume because of our age group but I am 25). As soon as we had finished our drinks, she rudely asked if we had all finished and if so we would have to leave. The pub was totally empty and we were not causing any trouble. We told her that was very rude and she seemed taken aback as if to realise that herself. Customers around looked very confused. Will definitely not be going back to this unwelcoming and over priced establishment! Once they take your money, they kick you out!

1  Thank Sab12345678

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Met a freeing for lunch here and really liked the choice of menu, service and quality of food.
I chose the avocado, bacon and Stilton salad and my friend had a chargrilled chicken breast with chips and salad dressing. Both meals were good value and a great quality.
Particularly liked the fact the restaurant took the tastecard which meant our cheapest meal was free! A great help with the bill and an added bonus to encourage me to return again. The card is valid Here Monday to Thursday and on most meals, with the exception of the special offers section.
A nice ambience here and plenty of tables to choose from. I imagine you would need to book a table for an evening visit and are supposed to book a table to use the tastecard as well .
Great little find and Farnham is a lovely place to wander around. A pay and display Car park is situated to the rear of the restaurant and is accessible down the one way system

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Went there for a quick lunch. At the end of the day the meal was good. Not great, not terrible, but good. The service was OK and the selections of beers and wine was above average. To summarise, it is a reasonable choice for a mid-priced, mid-week meal in Farnham. Bit hard to write a review that can guide better. In a word safe.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I have been going to Borellis for a number of years and always have a great time
Last night/Saturday Night, I was told 'we do pizzas now 'great' I thought, so tried the 'Hot one'!
I am sure most people are Pizza consumer experts just as am I, well I have eaten rather a lot of them
The long and the short it was just a fantastic pizza, you could taste the fresh ingredients unlike some mass or quickly made ones
I will be going back next week and take my son with me, as we generally have pizza once a week
Apparently it is 2 for 1 at the moment, even if the promotion is finished I look forward to my next pizza excursion there next week

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent pizza and service. Didn’t feel overly hungry at the time but like when it arrived I suddenly felt hungry. Looked great and tasted great! Will be back