“Brunch ”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Frensham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Went for brunch, unfortunately the food was very standard and they didn't serve alcohol before 12. Lovely venue though

Reviewed 25 August 2018

My companion and I decided to have brunch at fairly short notice on a fairly quiet Saturday morning and the Holly Bush had been recommended although that was for lunch. It is in a delightful location in leafy Surrey lanes and near Farnham.

Maybe we were too early for them at 10.45 am, but it was as if the place had just " got out of bed" and had not really got going. Service was satisfactory but a bit slow (bearing in mind how quiet it was) and the food was unremarkable. I had a sausage patty which was very ordinary. Toasted muffins were too dry and could have done with a bit of butter, bacon was ok but the sausage was fairly bland and I have tasted better from our friendly German supermarkets. The portions were also quite small.

Maybe I should try lunch next time but I won't be going back for brunch.

1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten here a lot and have really enjoyed the food but just recently it has been dreadful. Salads used to be fresh and tasty with sun blushed tomatoes and olives now they’re a few leaves with big slabs of tasteless aubergine and the most horrendous sun dried tomatoes I’ve ever had. Hard, big and just completely wrong with the salad. Also where is the dressing? It appears to be wet with water..really weird and very unpleasant. The sweetcorn fritter was equally as awful..basically a lump of deep fried batter with a few bits of sweetcorn in and my plate was full of dirty oil. The calamari was soggy and the steak was chewy. The table next to us were as unimpressed with the food as we were..please do something about it because I know it used to be great!

2  Thank Pandora G
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Not been, but heard positive comments from a friend so I was considering it for a group night out. However the website just seems to be pictures? No links apart from ones to FB and Linked in. No menu / no prices/ no means of checking availability unless calling. I dont mind using the phone to book, but if you want people to use your pub you need to provide some info. I might scout this out for an adhoc lunch but based on website wouldnt risk it for a pre planned visit. Dissappointing as pics look nice.

3  Thank Ripleyvisitor
Reviewed 15 August 2018

I visited for lunch in July and the food was very tasty, although expensive, but the service needs improving. For such a pricey pub you need friendly service from both the staff and owners, they just seem quite stuck up. Great location and decor, so it's an easy enough fix!

2  Thank Agzie89