“Always lovely”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Frensham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2018 via mobile

I run The Queens Head in Farnham.... The Holly Bush is my favourite out of town hangout.
Beautiful decor, delightful staff, a malleable menu for vegans, perfect coffee, cold beer & Sally the land lady is knowledgeable and always on site with a smile.
For me it’s my fav.

Date of visit: December 2018
2  Thank rosannar840

Reviewed 21 September 2018

We usually pop in for brunch after dog walking round Frensham Ponds. Very dog and people friendly. food is very good, though haven't been at ngiht

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank Pauline M
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Went for brunch, unfortunately the food was very standard and they didn't serve alcohol before 12. Lovely venue though

Reviewed 25 August 2018

My companion and I decided to have brunch at fairly short notice on a fairly quiet Saturday morning and the Holly Bush had been recommended although that was for lunch. It is in a delightful location in leafy Surrey lanes and near Farnham.

Maybe we were too early for them at 10.45 am, but it was as if the place had just " got out of bed" and had not really got going. Service was satisfactory but a bit slow (bearing in mind how quiet it was) and the food was unremarkable. I had a sausage patty which was very ordinary. Toasted muffins were too dry and could have done with a bit of butter, bacon was ok but the sausage was fairly bland and I have tasted better from our friendly German supermarkets. The portions were also quite small.

Maybe I should try lunch next time but I won't be going back for brunch.

2  Thank markmywordManchester
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten here a lot and have really enjoyed the food but just recently it has been dreadful. Salads used to be fresh and tasty with sun blushed tomatoes and olives now they’re a few leaves with big slabs of tasteless aubergine and the most horrendous sun dried tomatoes I’ve ever had. Hard, big and just completely wrong with the salad. Also where is the dressing? It appears to be wet with water..really weird and very unpleasant. The sweetcorn fritter was equally as awful..basically a lump of deep fried batter with a few bits of sweetcorn in and my plate was full of dirty oil. The calamari was soggy and the steak was chewy. The table next to us were as unimpressed with the food as we were..please do something about it because I know it used to be great!

2  Thank pand0rag