My partner and I recently visited The Bridge for Sunday lunch. I can honestly say it was the worst Roast I have ever eaten. Menus were scruffy with coffee stains, cutlery was dirty or at least hadn't been polished up. No salt/pepper on table. Table sticky.
Starter was fine. Main course - Roast beef...which part of the horse was it carved from?! Thick 'slabs' of tough meat, to be kind, is the best description. In addition, the meat was seriously undercooked..lots of blood! Meat sent back and was returned to our table just about acceptable as regards cooking time. The dessert, Trifle...well, a bit strange! Definitely had an odd taste. Difficult to pin down but not what you would really expect Trifle to taste like. Well, not me anyway. We did complain to the staff and they were very apologetic. Apparently not the usual chef. We didn't pay for the meal.
We heard several other people complaining about the time taken to serve drinks and undercooked meals. The place was fairly busy but not, I would have thought, totally unexpected for a sunny Sunday lunch-time!
Nice surroundings in the restaurant. Polite service. Our waitress was helpful and pleasant. The only good part of the experience. Actually felt really sorry for her. She was only doing her job. Wonder what she gets paid (a lot I hope) for having to get all that flak from customers!!!
The whole place outside looked in urgent need of a serious revamp. Scruffy, maybe OK if you want a transport caff but a hotel that does 'gourmet dining' (according to one of the adverts). Surely there are maintenance staff working here or have they given up and left!!!
This could be a very good place to eat with a large financial investment in the place and good chefs.
I live fairly local and have heard both good and bad reports of this place. The service/food can be good or very poor so sadly no consistency. Doesn't inspire any confidence to return...at least not for a long time. Hope it improves one day?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique hotel set in the heart of beautiful Surrey countryside, next door to the renowned Frensham Ponds. Your stay at The Bridge at Pierrepont will leave you refreshed and relaxed for your onward journey. Included in your over night stay is a full English breakfast or Continental breakfast, also free wireless internet access. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Bridge At Pierrepont Hotel Frensham
- Bridge At Pierrepont Frensham
- The Bridge At Pierrepont Frensham, Surrey