“Try somwhere else!!!”

The Bridge at Pierrepont
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Frensham
The Bridge at Pierrepont
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frensham
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Try somwhere else!!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My partner and I recently visited The Bridge for Sunday lunch. I can honestly say it was the worst Roast I have ever eaten. Menus were scruffy with coffee stains, cutlery was dirty or at least hadn't been polished up. No salt/pepper on table. Table sticky.
Starter was fine. Main course - Roast beef...which part of the horse was it carved from?! Thick 'slabs' of tough meat, to be kind, is the best description. In addition, the meat was seriously undercooked..lots of blood! Meat sent back and was returned to our table just about acceptable as regards cooking time. The dessert, Trifle...well, a bit strange! Definitely had an odd taste. Difficult to pin down but not what you would really expect Trifle to taste like. Well, not me anyway. We did complain to the staff and they were very apologetic. Apparently not the usual chef. We didn't pay for the meal.
We heard several other people complaining about the time taken to serve drinks and undercooked meals. The place was fairly busy but not, I would have thought, totally unexpected for a sunny Sunday lunch-time!
Nice surroundings in the restaurant. Polite service. Our waitress was helpful and pleasant. The only good part of the experience. Actually felt really sorry for her. She was only doing her job. Wonder what she gets paid (a lot I hope) for having to get all that flak from customers!!!
The whole place outside looked in urgent need of a serious revamp. Scruffy, maybe OK if you want a transport caff but a hotel that does 'gourmet dining' (according to one of the adverts). Surely there are maintenance staff working here or have they given up and left!!!
This could be a very good place to eat with a large financial investment in the place and good chefs.
I live fairly local and have heard both good and bad reports of this place. The service/food can be good or very poor so sadly no consistency. Doesn't inspire any confidence to return...at least not for a long time. Hope it improves one day?

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 807ColinR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The Bridge is local to me, it use to be a lovely place to go for Luncheon or Afternoon Tea, sadly this is NOT the case anymore! Standards have really slipped and despite having tried, The Bridge again and again and again, hoping that things would have got better they haven't.

I have written to them directly before and complained about the mess and lack of customer service and poor food, had an offer of free cake and coffee when they feel the standards have improved!!! They haven't contacted me to tell me their standards had improved so why did I go back?! Desperation of needing to eat due to low blood sugar levels forced me in there today!

Today we had lunch outside. Ham (Tesco's Basic I would think-had no flavour) and Cheese Croissants (suppose to be hot but only slightly warm) and also Ham, Egg and Chips (wasn't Ham on the plate though it was Bacon-that had obviously been cooked in old oil!), and a couple of drinks cost just over £16. The food is not the worst I've had it is edible but not enjoyable. I have had better meals in fast food chains at a much lower cost.

Service was not great-by ladies that never seems to smile. Another girl who put parasols out at ten to 1 when their were a few diners already outside-surely this should have been done before Morning Coffee not in middle of lunch! This young lady though had a pleasant, cheerful manner more than can be said for the rest of the team. The tables were grubby as usual and we had to clear someone else's mess and crockery from our table-this is a regular occurance here, the patio full of weeds and just a feeling of this hotel/restaurant being very unloved and neglected.

Service was OK for us today but I noticed other people had to wait ages for food and I heard other customers complaining about the prices and service.

We didn't bother to complain again it really was pointless as this establishment seems to time and time again serve up poor food and customer service. there also seems to be a lack of a manager and the owner never seems to be present either.

It is sad to say unless I drive past and see a huge improvement in the appearance of The Bridge I will definately NOT be calling in again.

The Bridge at Pierrepont is certainly over Troubled Waters!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Frensham hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Me and my partner were cautious of staying at The Bridge because of previous reviews written, however we decided to give it a chance. Firstly, on the way to our room, we noticed the floors were creaking, the walls were damp and that the whole hotel needed a lick of paint. The room did not feel welcoming, it was plain and boring and we had a sleepless night due to the bed squeaking whenever you moved. At breakfast i was horrified when a waitress came over to take our order, lent over and flaunted her chest to my boyfriend. Considering this is a Christian hotel I found this very inappropriate. Although i respect other religions, I did not want to be disturbed with staff asking me if I went to church or not. To add to all this, cafe staff were huddled behind the counter chatting, some even talking in other languages. I found this a little bit disrespectful as they could have been talking rudely about anyone. Overall, I did not enjoy my stay and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed here a few weeks back, and have read the reviews (afterwards) with interest. There are several things I could criticise, however I did feel they were trying hard, gave mostly friendly and helpful service, and were quite flexible e.g. with regard to meals. I can't give a rating higher than average but I think it was decent enough for the price. They do need to fix some of the creaky floorboards and pay attention to some 'details' which could easily be improved.

Room Tip: Top floor should avoid floorboard noise from above!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We chose this hotel to be convenient for getting to the Festival of Speed, and it worked out perfectly. Traffic was much quieter than if we'd been coming from the Southampton area. People were suffering 2 hour delays on the A27. The hotel itself was not quite so good. The rooms were basic and noisy, and service, though helpful and friendly, was disorganized. There were too few staff attempting to do too many jobs, without any obvious system. The computerized ordering system in the dining room couldn't deal with the variations in our orders, and meals were regularly sent back for being wrong. On the other hand, we only paid £75 per night for a double room and £54 for a single. This included Full English Breakfast cooked to order, not from a hot buffet. We would use this hotel again because of its position and value for money. As for the down side; forewarned is forearmed.

Room Tip: Get a room on an upper floor; if not, elephants will tap-dance until midnight.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank VixMiff
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I suppose the first clue that my wife and I were about to experience one of the worst hotel experiences of our lives in room 13 was the expression on the face of the lady as she arrived at our room when I explained that I would like her to remove the three large spiders and two moths from our room.  Totally expressionless. Not surprised. Not appalled.  Just totally expressionless, either like she was used to removing insects, or how unusual that guests didn't like sharing their room with them.

It got worse.  The decor consisted of a variety of damp patches on the walls.  Not one or two, but loads of them.  This was not a good sign of the horrors that would await in the bathroom.

Lifting the sink plug hole to assist the practically static drainage revealed that the problem consisted of a large wad of hair.

The toilet was an embarrassment.  Ignoring the fact that the colour was the sort of lime green reserved for institutions, as I sat down I experienced the stomach churning feeling of cold porcelain on under thigh as the plastic seat slipped from beneath me.

Thankfully I used the paper when I needed to.  Following a fight to get the shower head to stay in the hook it soon became clear that the single shelf design was inadequate.  Water from the shower, with it's wildly fluctuating temperature, eased all the way along the shelf to the toilet area turning an initially dry roll of paper into a soggy mess.

Whereas the bathroom floor started out damp, caused in part by the continual dripping from the toilet connection pipe, at the end of my shower the only safe way to make it back to the insect ridden carpet was using stained towels as a walkway.  Such irony our stay was during the wettest June on record.

Breakfast was a revelation.  For a table of five (we stayed with other family members) one tatty torn and worn out menu was never going to be enough.  Three coffees took only a couple of minutes to arrive. But the fourth was half an hour away and only then after two reminders.

Would we like cereal? Yes please.  Shreddies? Er, no, sorry.  Rice  crispies? No.  Special K? No.

Toast? Yes please.  And with the rest of my breakfast please, if it's not too much trouble.  It was.

My teapot was stained and chipped on the outside. I was simply not brave enough to peer inside. Dirty cups too and a saucer to match.

The only saving grace was express checkout.  Such a relief to see that place in my rear view mirror.

Room Tip: Just avoid
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PanamaEd63
, Supervisor at The Bridge at Pierrepont, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We are always open to constructive feedback but not personal attacks. If you had brought these issues to our attention whilst you were on the premises we may have been able to put them right. By failing to do this you have not given us the opportunity.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Not Good at all I'm afraid. Find somewhere else is my advice. Went down for breakfast at 0825, went to the counter that says 'Order here' and said to the young lady "please can I order Breakfast" she replied, "Take a seat I will be over to take your order". There was 4 other people in the restaurant and at 0845 I told the Lady that I had no time for Breakfast now as I have to be at work for 0900. She basically forgot!! good job it wasn't busy as a lot more people would have left with empty stomachs! I teach customer service for a living and this hotel needs to book my services!!! Rooms very very tired and my view from the window is old tins of paint on a roof.......lovely.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frensham
Farnham House Hotel
#4 of 6 in Farnham
Hotel de Vie
Hotel de Vie
#3 of 22 in Farnham

Been to The Bridge at Pierrepont? Share your experiences!