I have to agree with nomadwithpen. I have also championed Grayshott since 1999 and have visited almost every year. My first beef would be with the reservations person who sent me 2 abrupt emails responding to simple requests. The tone was not appropriate and didn't make me feel welcome. Please look at them Peter (manager). My junior suite was fine but neither TVs worked, despite someone fiddling with them (room 17). The food was delicious and apart from a mix-up with the sharers table, which meant I sat and ate alone on the first night, I couldn't fault anything. The treatments, therapists and staff generally are delightful - which brings me my next point. A discretionary 5% is added to the bill for the staff. I understand from another guest that they do not receive this. I hope this is not the case, but I think it is not good practise to add this to the bill in this sort of establishment. It seems that cuts have been made in staffing levels. Twice the spa was unattended. There was always some one on hand who would turn the shower on for you, have a towel ready, offer a cool face cloth when you entered the sauna, offer lime juice or water etc Small luxuries that all add up to make a really pampering experience and that is what it should be about. No one answering the phone on reception. Individually these points may seem petty, but I am not the only one to have noticed the difference. So, please wake up - it wouldn't take much to bring the standards back up to scratch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grayshott is one of the few true destination health spas in the UK, offering an award-winning 7 day health regime to address weight loss and health issues, spa breaks and stays to de-stress and revitalise, and recovery programmes to rest and recuperate. Grayshott is renowned for our highly trained therapists, extensive facilities and delicious spa cuisine. Facilities include indoor & outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, separate male and female spas, gym, exercise classes and 47 acres of gardens and grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Grayshott Medical Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grayshott Hotel Grayshott
- Hall Hotel Grayshott
- Grayshott Medical Spa Surrey