A good spa - different to a hotel (and not as luxurious or as stylish as a five star hotel) as you can walk around in bathrobes. The treatments I had - a facial with Faye and a massage with Matt - were really excellent and I have not had better elsewhere. It was slightly odd to have a facial with someone wearing gloves to do it to start with - the brand Murad insist on it apparently but I soon got used to it and Faye really was good at it, lovely to chat to and very informative.
The food was healthy but just above average. I had a salty veg soup but then again most of the other guests were much older than me so they probably like it that way whereas I do not add much salt to my cooking. The salads looked nice but were frankly boring bar the seafood one which was good. Some not exciting salad dressings too but again perhaps that was for the older guests as I really like fab Ottolenghi salads so mine when made from his book are far better. I suggest that they buy this cook book and give their guests some tasty as well as healthy salads.
Everywhere I looked I couldn't help noticing that it was a bit shabby - one loo seat was wonky, one didn't flush properly, there was paint peeling off window frames, the outside pool area could have done with a tidy up as it looked messy from the indoor pool (which was a bit chilly for me but would have been a great temperature for a good workout in), and the path between the pools was shabby - they need to plant some Box balls to make it all look smarter from the indoor pool. But perhaps no one else noticed? There seemed to be a lack of care in that the blinds in the Bubbles Bar were wonkily pulled up and looked scruffy, I thought that the Christmas decorations could have been a bit nicer but perhaps I am fussy. The staff were nice but I could not get anyone to give me change (they didn't have any) so that I could tip the spa staff - I went between the front desk, the shop and another office twice in the day trying. A bit annoying and I am sorry that Faye never got her thank you from me but I did try.
Would I come again? I was disappointed by the lack of style/interior design - a bit bland and not what I expected - the buildings were ugly from the pool (70s hotel room added to the beautiful main house) but the staff were nice. I had a good pilates class that cost me £6 on top of my day spa price (think that was about £175) but the whole set up was messy - lots of walking around in almost circles to get to my changing room (weirdly not near the pool either) and other spa areas. A man must have designed it as a woman would have been much more practical! In one drinks area you could get tea but not coffee - the coffee area was the other end of the building which upset some guests. So I am not sure it is good for a day spa - I think that there are better and cheaper ones I could go to- but I did see many people that were recovering from illnesses and operations, need a detox so I think that it would be a good place to come for that and they have some interesting healthy eating/living courses. There are many older people so it is not really a young funky place which will suit some but not others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grayshott is one of the few true destination spas in the UK. Unlike a hotel spa, visits to Grayshott are aimed at improving health and well-being, with therapeutic treatments, healthy spa cuisine and a full programme of fitness and relaxation classes. Renowned for our highly trained therapists, extensive facilities and delicious spa cuisine, Grayshott is the perfect place to visit for a stay or a day, to de-stress, cleanse, address a particular health problem, recuperate, get fit or simply relax. Facilities include indoor & outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, separate male and female spas, gym, exercise classes and 47 acres of gardens and grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Grayshott Health Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grayshott Hotel Grayshott
- Hall Hotel Grayshott
- Grayshott Health Spa Surrey