Grayshott Health Spa
US$159
US$120
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewshealthy foodlose weightindoor poolexercise classesde stresslife changingnational trust landjunior suitefruit cocktailindian head massagecinema roomnight breaklovely surroundingsrelaxing breaksingle roombirthday treatbuffet style
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My annual trip to Grayshott is over for another year, I can't wait for the next visit. I took my daughter and after our two nights and three days a la carte (no treatments beyond the terrific classic massages) we emerged rested, glowing and content. Yes some of the decor is looking a bit tired, but the essential elements are still in great shape. The wonderful Helga in the ladies spa, the friendly and attentive staff, delicious food, great facilities. I saw some bad reviews and wonder if I have been to the same place? Managing not to feel lost on the Common was one of my high points. For my daughter a session with a swim coach to gear up for triathlon. A note of caution if taking a daughter, she will also want it to be an annual trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Peter W, General Manager at Grayshott Health Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Matt1107

Thank you for your kind comments.

We are always delighted when a departing guest remarks on the high level of service our staff give. I was therefore delighted that you had singled out Helga and will pass on your kind comments to her.

Many of our guests comment on how relaxed they feel when they arrive at Grayshott, and that they very quickly feel totally removed from the stresses and strains of everyday life, leaving feeling relaxed and rejuvenated at the end of their stay. And I am glad to see that we had a similar effect on yourself and your daughter.

We look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future to experience the unique charm of Grayshott once more.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Just returned from a wonderful 2 night stay at Grayshott. Probably one of the best visits I have had to this lovely spa. Fabulous setting, amazing staff - one therapist I recognised from my first visit 9 years ago - that says a lot! Must make particular mention about the food which is of a very high standard, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. Great Bubbles Bar for those who enjoy a glass of wine. Lovely treatments, especially aromatherapy massage. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tricia G

Dear TriciaG

Thank you for your kind comments.

We pride ourselves on the high level of service our staff give to all our guests, something that is continually remarked upon. I was therefore delighted that you had singled out one of the therapists who you recognised from 9 years before!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to experience the unique charm of Grayshott once more.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Food wonderful, staff so polite and helpful. Treatments gorgeous. I really recommend the Rose Indulgence treatment and the Rejuvenating Facial. Room lovely and warm. Bed really comfortable. Aquarobics is really good fun.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sheila H

Dear SheliaH

Thank you for your kind words.

I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of Grayshott during your stay with us.
I hope that we can welcome you back to Grayshott for your fourth visit in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

My girlfriend and I planned our Christmas holiday to each other here, I spent the day here 3 years ago and had a vastly different experience. This time the pool and the hydro pool were cold. I asked the maintenance guy and the management to increase the temperature but they didn't bother. I wasn't the only guest to complain about it, the regular members of the Spa said it was like this for a few months now. Last time I visited the temperatures were perfect. There was only one shower in the men's spa that had hot water running and that was after letting it run for 20 minutes. The place is getting tired looking and it seems that management have stopped caring, it also seems like there are too many of them.

The general staff were excellent and the food was good. The wine list wasn't the best and very overpriced for what was on offer.

This used to be a great place to visit but I feel its been a victim of its own success and trading on its old reputation.

Room Tip: Ask to see if they have hot water
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PandaCatcher

Dear PandaCatcher

Thank you for your review.

Unfortunately when you stayed at Grayshott we experienced boiler problems with the indoor swimming pool and men’s spa this was duly rectified, but not until after you had left us. The pool is now back to its usual 29 degrees.

I am pleased that you singled out the staff as being excellent. Many of our staff have been with us for many years and guests usually praise them for their high standards of service and care.

As a health spa many of our guests are looking to de-tox during their time at Grayshott. However, for other guests who would like to drink wine we offer a manageable wine list to accommodate the small wine sales. Our wine prices are in keeping with other hotel establishments.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I visited Grayshott for the first time with a girl friend who was celebrating a significant birthday. She had stayed a couple of times and recommended it to me. The overall atmosphere was warm and friendly. Our single rooms were comfortable although the bathrooms were a tad on the small side. The food was excellent particularly the delicious soups at both lunch and dinner. Portion sizes were fairly well controlled for which I was grateful. The exercise classes were varied and particularly John was an excellent trainer. A comprehensive number of treatments are also offered and with our two night stay we had two inclusive treatments. Both therapists who looked after me were very knowledgeable. Some areas could do with updating but overall it was a very comfortable and enjoyable stay and we are already planning a return visit later in the year.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends