“Wouldn't go back!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grayshott
Surrey
“Wouldn't go back!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was a birthday treat but not convinced it was worth the money when comparing with other spa days. The indoor pool is nowhere near the spa facilities which are located up a couple of long corridors! Very pleasant grounds with the advantage of an outdoor pool. Staff very professional but the atmosphere was quite stuffy and I didn't feel relaxed. Enjoyed a lovely pedicure with leg massage but so much nail varnish was applied that it took a week to set by which time it had mostly rubbed off! I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank madmanda19
Peter W, General Manager at Grayshott Health Spa, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear madmanda19

I am always disappointed when a guest does not enjoy their visit to Grayshott.

Your spa day included unlimited use of the extensive facilities, exercise and relaxation classes, complimentary tea, coffee and fruit, lunch-time talks and a 3-course buffet lunch. And, dependant on which of the 5 spa days you booked, treatment/s. Many guests comment on the value of our spa days. I do hope that you managed to enjoy all the above during your day with us.

The indoor pool area houses the hydrotherapy pool. Just outside is the heated outdoor pool. The separate female and male spas are located along a corridor from the indoor swimming pool, and house saunas, steam rooms, relaxation rooms, plunge pools and showers.

I am again disappointed that you did not feel relaxed as most of our departing spa day guests comment most favourably on how relaxing their day has been, as one recently wrote:
“There is a general feeling of relaxation, nothing is hurried, the place is quiet and the food was superb. The staff go out of their way to be helpful and I liked the professionalism of the place”.

Peter Wood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My first visit and can't wait to return. Everything but everything was first class. There is a general feeling of relaxation , nothing is hurried, the place is quiet and the food was superb. The staff go out of their way to be helpful and I liked the professionalism of the place

Room Tip: Try the ground floor - when the weather is good you just sit out on thelawn
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Gerald R

Thank you for your kind comments.

We are always delighted when a departing guest remarks favourably on their visit, especially so when it is their first visit to Grayshott.

Many of our guests comment on how relaxed they feel when they arrive at Grayshott, and that they very quickly feel totally removed from the stresses and strains of everyday life, leaving feeling relaxed and rejuvenated at the end of their stay. And I am glad to see that we had a similar effect on yourself.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a second visit in the near future to experience the unique charm of Grayshott once more.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Spent today at Grayshott Manor having an indulgence day. This is the third time visiting and have never been disappointed. The staff are excellent, always ready to help. The therapists are outstanding and knowledgeable. A large percentage of the staff have worked there for a number of years which says something about the management. Lunch was great and healthy. We swam in both the inside and outdoor pool, as this was heated and whilst air temperature chilly the pool was warm, exhilarating experience and the sun was shining.

Would fully recommend this spa if you want a top class experience that is adults only.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Slimjim05

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your spa treatments, the food, and facilities, and that you had a relaxing and enjoyable spa day.

I hope that we can welcome you back to Grayshott for your fourth visit in the very near future. In the meantime, thank you for your recommendation and kind words.

London
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I went for the seven-day "Health" programme which I thoroughly enjoyed. Great treatments, very good explanatory lectures, excellent food. A nice room, bathroom a little dark and the shower pressure was poor. I would have appreciated one comfortable armchair, but otherwise a decent size, well equipped and with a nice view. I found the staff really nice and helpful and the spa staff in particular were charming. I had very, very good deep tissue massages. I felt considerably better after my stay and achieved a decent weight loss. I'd certainly return.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are noisy I gather, and not all have a pleasant view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Peter W, General Manager at Grayshott Health Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Alymer1938

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our 7 day Health regime with the inclusive treatments, lectures and digestive cleansing menu, and that you left feeling considerably better after your stay, with weight loss as an added benefit.

I will pass your kind comments on to the staff, in particular the spa staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Grayshott in the near future.

Bishop's Waltham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Went yesterday and was appalled at the state of the place. Feel as if I have been mugged.
The treatments were lovely but the time in between was purgatory and the food - well never had goats cheese flapjack before ...won't be returning. Champneys is so much more luxurious and no more expensive. What a waste of hard earned cash.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank MrsC47
Dear Mrs C47

I am glad that you enjoyed your spa treatments during your day with us but am sorry that you did not enjoy your day overall.

I note that you did not mention experiencing the complimentary exercise and relaxation classes, lunch-time lecture, supervised walks and use of the extensive spa facilities, with the added bonus of our heated outdoor pool now being open and hope that you did manage to enjoy some of these during your day.

In respect of the menu for lunch we offer a three course Buffet in the Dining room, with soup, a large selection of salads, vegetables and protein dishes, with accompanying nuts and olives, and dessert. Whilst I am afraid that food items are subjective, to date I do not think that there has been one negative comment on the goat’s cheese flapjack. I hope however that you enjoyed the rest of your buffet.

Peter Wood

Travellers are raving about these Grayshott hotels

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

If you like decaying decor in the rooms, snotty guests, unsympathetic builds (extensions), spending your special time with your partner in SEPARATE spa facilities with a lengthy yomp to a separate pool area and you're over 70 then this is the place for you.

Dreadful place. Tatty, tired, unwelcoming. Left without unpacking.

"Hello is that Pennyhill Park ? Do you have any rooms.....ahhh splendid".

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank martin b
Dear MartinB

I was disappointed to read your review, given that you did not stay at Grayshott, and disappointed that you chose not to stay to enjoy all that Grayshott is renowned for – therapeutic spa treatments, healthy cuisine, extensive spa facilities.

We are always very careful to stress that Grayshott is not a hotel – unlike the property you refer to at the end of your review. Grayshott is a destination spa, where visits are designed to de-stress, to relax, address health issues and get fit, within a nurturing and caring environment.

We very clearly highlight on all our literature, and our website, that we offer separate male and female spas. We have not had an issue with this in the past. Indeed many of our guests appreciate this demarcation.

Guests visiting Grayshott come from all age groups. The age demographic of a typical Grayshott guest varies by week and there are some weeks when the guest profile will be older and other weeks when the typical guest is younger. This week for example, leading up to Easter, the average age appears to be much younger than last week. We would certainly not discriminate against any person who wants to visit Grayshott.

The majority of our departing guests comment on the caring and friendly nature of all our staff, many of whom have been with us for many years. I am disappointed that you did not find this to be the case.

Regards

Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I recently spent a night at Grayshott with friends - it's the perfect place to unwind. We are all busy Mum's and from the moment we walked inside we left our stresses at the door. The staff were welcoming and helpful and showed us to our room which was huge and the beds extremely comfortable. It was ideal for four girls who don't have much time to catch up these days to be able to share one huge room! The communal areas were comfortable and the whole place felt very peaceful. I had a treatment called Thai Foot Therapy which was absolutely divine and the therapist was excellent. We swam in huge pools (indoor and outdoor) and relaxed in the large and homely lounge. Dinner was very good, but healthy food is definitely what it's all about. Although we were not there to detox and could have done with a few chips (!) the food was plentiful.
As a busy mum of two I so needed some time away with friends to chat and laugh and do nothing and Grayshott is a great place for it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gibbo2508
Dear Gibbo2508

Thank you for your kind comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Grayshott with your friends and had the opportunity to relax and de-stress in peaceful surroundings.

We hope to welcome you back to Grayshott in the near future.

Peter Wood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayshott
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Haslemere
Best Western Frensham Pond Hotel
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa
The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa
Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course

Been to Grayshott Health Spa? Share your experiences!