“Beautiful retreat”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grayshott
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“Beautiful retreat”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My partner brought me a spa voucher for Christmas at grayshott. It was for myself and my mum and was an overnight stay with all meals, accommodation, a massage each and use of all facilities. The voucher was valid for 6 months and we booked to go in June. To be honest I was not looking forward in going to a health farm as I am more into staying at hotels with spas and not spas with rooms. I am so pleased my partner booked grayshott, on arriving the entrance to the building and gardens were beautiful. The reception staff were friendly, very welcoming and we had a tour of the entire place by a charming young man ( sorry don't know his name). Our twin room was lovely, spotless and had a view over the outdoor swimming pool. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were clean and we had it all to ourselves. The outdoor pool was heated and the weather was warm, so spent time inside and out. The sauna and steam room were immaculate and the lady provided us with water and towels, she even put the showers on for us so the water was hot (think her name was Helga!!, but not sure). She even went to get my mum some coffee as she doesn't drink tea. Was a bit worried about the food as thought it was going to be lettuce, lettuce and more lettuce. How wrong could I be. We had canapés in the bubbles bar at 6pm along with fruit cocktails. Our 3 course meal in the evening was extremely tasty and the beet root risotto was devine, I even had chocolate cheesecake hmmm. Breakfast in the morning was a wide variety from cereals, ham and cheese and the scrambled egg was the best I have had in a long time. We both had a shoulder, neck and back massage, our therapists were both friendly and gave a very good massage. The rooms were very relaxing with lovely thick towels and beautiful music playing. My mum and I went for a relaxing time and we definitely got that. Thank you grayshott for making our stay perfect.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank joanneorchard55
Peter W, General Manager at Grayshott Medical Spa, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear joanneorchard55

Thank you for your review and for kind comments, following your recent stay at Grayshott.

I am delighted that you were pleasantly surprised by your stay and that you and your mother had a relaxing stay with us, having not especially looked forward to staying at a health spa!

I have shared your comments with the staff regarding their friendliness and professionalism and have passed on your compliments to the chef regarding the food during your stay..

I hope to welcome you back to Grayshott in the near future for another relaxing stay.

Peter Wood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked this thinking it was a hotel , it is a spa first . we were visiting some N.T. property's and as I was recovering from foot surgery stayed at the spa for 3 days what a lovely surprise all the staff want you to make the most of your time so many good things it is amazing the pools in and out heated spa pool , the tea room the bubbles bar for coffee , the beautiful sitting room with papers magazines the cinema room where we watched a film we went for a lecture on breathing properly
the food is healthy but wonderful food , my husband is not a spa person he enjoyed very much we will defiantly go back if you want to get away from the rest of the world this is it you can go for walks golf tennis all so good and a big thank you to all the staff from Marion & John

Room Tip: all good we were happy with ours
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bonzo484

Thank you for your complimentary review and kind words. I am especially delighted given that it was your first stay at Grayshott.

We pride ourselves on the high quality of service our staff give, whether at Reception, in the Dining room or the Treatment Therapists and I was please to see that you had singled these out in your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grayshott in the near future.

Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This isn't my first visit and won't be my last. Grayshott spa retains it's old world charm as far as spas go, with peace and quiet, holistic treatments, exercise and excellent food it's priority. No gimmicks and probably not suitable for groups of hen parties. How wonderful to feel at peace and relax without too much noise. The rooms are really good, plenty of space with comfy beds. The treatments I had were perfect for me. Paul, Tamsin and Faye have that special something that made me feel completely at ease and their massages were delivered with magic. The spa also offers tennis and golf if you have any energy after being zonked out from massages.

Room Tip: Some Ground floor rooms have patios with new outdoor furniture. I was upstairs in 57 and all those a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Peter W, General Manager at Grayshott Medical Spa, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear AngieL

Thank you for your complimentary review.

Many of our guests comment on how relaxed they feel when they arrive at Grayshott, and that they very quickly feel totally removed from the stresses and strains of everyday life, leaving feeling relaxed and rejuvenated at the end of their stay. And I am glad to see that we had a similar effect on yourself.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to experience the unique charm of Grayshott once more. In the meantime, I will forward your kind comments to the therapists in question.

Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Tried to enquire about a Mother and Daughter package, but Mother is wheelchair bound, and got the impression our booking really wouldn't be welcome. No disabled room, as such, and reservations - when you could get through to them - really seemed befuddled that disabled people actually exist! Complete contrast to Champneys who offered a disabled room and a package tailored to our needs. So booked with them.

It might seem unfair to review based on a phone call, but reservations, as a first point of call, needs some training in this area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank JonBG48
Dear Meursault48

I am sorry if you were given the incorrect impression and information when you spoke to one of our Reservationists.

As a destination spa for health and wellness for fifty years, we have accommodated guests on recuperation stays, and guests with disabilities. We have a team of Health Consultants, trained nurses, who attend to our guests in-house. Our ground floor Junior Suite bedrooms are wheelchair friendly; there are treatment rooms and spa facilities on the ground floor, and all our reception and dining rooms are on the ground floor.

We offer Recuperation stays for guest post surgery, often in wheelchairs, and have recently launched our new Nurture & Support 4 night post cancer treatment break.

I trust that the above illustrates that we are amply equipped to cater for guests with disabilities, and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you and your mother to Grayshott in the near future. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly should you wish to visit Grayshott.

Peter Wood

Travellers are raving about these Grayshott hotels

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Visited Grayshott in May 2014 and experienced a very enjoyable day. Each member of staff had a a high degree of expertise in their specific field, fantastic facilities and highly recommended. Looking forward to visiting again. 5 star rating!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank S111lvo
Dear S111Ivo

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your day, and hope that you will be able to stay with us next time for several days, in order to fully experience Grayshott.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from the 7 day Grayshott health regime. I normally visit the Mayr Clinic in Austria at least twice a year to regain some semblance of order to my diet. However, I was recommended by a friend to visit Grayshott as a more accessible alternative as I live in the UK. Having looked at the recent reviews, I was a little apprehensive, however I can safely say how utterly amazing I feel, with energy I never knew existed!! The professionalism shown by all members of staff was exemplary and the cuisine could not be faulted. Yes, this is not a plush 5 star hotel, this is a health spa which does what is says on the tin!! Already planning my next refresher and endeavouring to stick to my healthy living plan!! Bravo!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Simon A
Dear Simon A

Thank you for your very complimentary review.

I am delighted that you found our 7 day Health regime so informative and beneficial to your health. After guests have been on the Health regime, our Health Consultants have recorded significant weight loss and improvements to their health, with reduction in joint pain, lowering of blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and increased energy. And I am pleased to see that this has been mirrored in your increased energy.

I am also delighted to see that you are endeavouring to continue with the regime, now that you are at home, as a major focus of our Health regime is on guests’ being able to sustain their new eating choices and patterns when they leave Grayshott.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grayshott in the near future. In the meantime, thank you for your kind words.

sutton
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a great place for a luxurious break. I went for an overnight stay on my own and found the facilities really good for the size of Grayshott. The swimming pools are a good size and the outdoor pool was really warm. I liked both the sauna and steam room too and enjoyed well-taught Pilates and yoga, as well as a cycle ride. My room was clean and comfortable and I love the fact that you can borrow a dvd to watch - they also have a cinema room which shows quite new releases so that was a bonus. I found the staff particularly helpful and nice and they made you feel very special with a personal touch, which you don't get in all spas. I have only one tiny gripe - I think all rooms should have baths, not just showers!

Room Tip: Try to get a room that has a bathroom rather than just a shower room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank omega0000
Dear Omega0000

I am delighted that you experienced all that Grayshott has to offer during your stay with us, with the added benefit of the heated outdoor pool now open for the summer season.

We pride ourselves on the caring nature of our staff and the professional experience of our spa therapists, many of whom have been at Grayshott for a number of years, and I am delighted that you referred to this in your review.

Peter Wood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayshott
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
The Georgian Hotel
#2 of 2 in Haslemere
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa
Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course

Been to Grayshott Medical Spa? Share your experiences!