“Hidden gem”
Review of Warren House

Warren House
Reviewed 9 January 2012

This is a great place to stay if you find yourself in Kingston and want a restful stay. It's a drive away from city center but very easy to get to by bus (24 hours) or cab (6-7 quid). I stayed here for 7 nights and most of the staff were quite helpful and courteous. There were a bit of rookie mistakes like not sending out my laundry the day I expected and leaving windows leading to kitchen exhaust open. The dining menu is also quite limited, some pasta and wraps, that I wouldn't really recommend anyone coming home here on an empty stomach. All in all it was a memorable stay and one which I'd recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank krityur

Reviewed 12 December 2011

Was here for business. Good hotel, clean rooms but bad stuff in restaurant. By accidence I sat on served for a lunch table and the waiter had a face like if I killed his grandmother! Dear management, please do train your stuff to be tolerant to your guests! On the end of the day, we pay money and can be accused if by mistake we choose a wrong table. Only one guy spoiled the while stay!

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank kotyusya
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This is a lovely old victorian building set in a private road it has a private gated entry phone system for added security. set in well kept gardens with a residential /apartment side adjoining the main hotel, the rooms are clean well furnished and comfortable with state of the art tv and music centre plus kettle tea and coffee. conference rooms are available i did not sample the food hence 4 stars instead of 5.to be fair however my time here was pleasant and relaxing. i would definetly stay again

Room Tip: book early and in advance the rooms go quickly
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I have been using the conference rooms of Warren House for a long time to run training events and have always been highly satisfied by the environment and the service provided. I recently had the opportunity to stay over for a long weekend (3 nights) and really enjoyed the added experience of the residential side of the venue. The room was very comfortable, spacious and spotless. The refurbished lounges and the brand new bar were a definite bonus. It was lovely to relax and chat with some event co-participants in the evenings. Overall a great experience, I would highly recommend. Claire Gaudry

Room Tip: Room 24: lovely spacious double room. apparent beams, great view of the grounds.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I have stayed at Warren House, because the hotel I use regularly, was overbooked. They put me in room 23. Let's start with the good things first: the building and surrounding environment is very nice. I also had a warm welcome at the reception, and someone helping me with my luggage to go to my room (no elevator unfortunately).
This is unfortunately the only positive part.
When I came in my room, I found out that apart from the light in my room, I had NO electricity in the room. I couldn't charge my laptop (which was problematic as I should have had a video conference that evening, and now my laptop battery died after 30 minutes), and also the TV and radio in the room were not working for the same reason.

I called reception to report this, and they kindly apologised, and would send someone to help me. This person arrived, tried all the sockets in the room, but none were working. He said "it's probably a fuse that's blown, but I don't even know where the fuse box is"
He then went away, saying that he would talk with the reception, to find a solution.
A bit later I was called by the reception, telling me that since the hotel was fully booked, they couldn't arrange me another hotel room, and that they were still looking for an alternative solution. The only compensation I received for this, was one glass of coca cola. 3 hours later there was still no alternative, and I went to sleep.

Another thing is that my wife also likes to call me when I'm in the hotel, so I gave her the hotel's phone number: 4 times out of 5 she got an answering machine instead of the reception. Pretty frustrating.

I thank God that I only had to stay one night in this room, and am very, very disappointed in this hotel.

Best regards,
Olivier Baum

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank os2lover
GMWarrenHouse, General Manager at Warren House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Thank you for your recently posted feedback. I would like to respond to your comments however, the property that made the booking on your behalf have so far been unable to supply us with your contact details. Perhaps you would contact me directly at Warren House so that we can discuss?
Many thanks, Carolyn Henderson.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Stayed here now twice in recent weeks. A beautiful old building with lovely peaceful grounds. I stayed in room 3 which is a basic single and room 25 which is a beautiful double on the top floor with a garret balcony. Peaceful and beautiful views.
The service has been wonderful and unlike another reviewer I actually like the fact there is no bar. There is a smart sitting room where waiting staff will take your drinks order and bring your drink to you.
The only down side has been the food. Whilst obviously made using good quality ingredients all of the meals have been average. It has not really been to the same standard as the rest of the hotel. I am not saying it is awful because it is far from that. Just not as great as the rest of the experience.

Room Tip: Room 25 - lovely top floor double with a small balcony over the side of the property with great view...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Plodingalong
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I have stayed at Warren House twice now and wont be rushing back.Its lovely building with a nice garden and the rooms are ok. There are though two big problems: firstly the bed was so hard you might as well sleep on the floor and secondly there is no bar. If you don't want to sit in your room all evening then you just have to sit in this odd room which has no character and very poor service. If you find a member of staff passing through eventually they might get you a drink but don't be in a hurry. If they could set up a comfortable bar and spend some money on some half decent beds then it would be much improved, as it is I wont be going back if I can help it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank PTEv
GMWarrenHouse, General Manager at Warren House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2011

I wanted to let you know that we are mid way through a refurbishment at Warren House and now have a bar in the lounge area you refer to. Our new furniture arrives later this month so then you'll be able to sit up to the bar and enjoy your tipple of choice, have a chat with the bartender and flick through the daily papers.

It would help to know which room you had when you stayed so that we can attend to your other comment regarding the beds!

I hope we'll have another opportunity to welcome you to Warren House.

Carolyn Henderson.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston upon Thames
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#1 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London Kingston Upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London King...
#4 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
The Petersham Hotel
#4 of 15 in Richmond
2 mi away
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#6 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South

Been to Warren House? Share your experiences!