“Extremely basic”

and 1 more site!
The Bull and Bush Hotel Kingston
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Cheap and cheerful converted pub. Everything very basic. I certainly would not recommend for families. Location is approximately 1 mile from Kingston town centre, nearest station is Norbiton 10 min walk. Plenty of buses nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for The Bull and Bush Hotel Kingston

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I gave this hotel 5/5 because it fits my requirements perfectly -I am a busy IT contractor working away from home Mon-Fri and this set up is ideal for me.
Importantly it is clean comfy and quite - I need my sleep! I spend a lot of my time "living out of a suitcase" and have stayed in many hotels - this one is ideal for my requirements.
For me I above all need a good bed and quiet - The Bull and Bush is ideal - I have stayed here since November and not once have had a disturbed night.
It is in a quiet residential area just off the main road. It is clean and well run - the staff are extremely friendly very helpful - I speak as I find.
Note this is not a B&B, it is bed only - at least that is the way I use it - and I prefer this as I don't want breakfast.

Room Tip: Book at least 3 days ahead, as they get busy. All rooms are quiet that I have stayed in
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 10Pints
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is a former pub that has been converted into budget accommodation, which was not clear to me from the website. That said, it was quite satisfactory and my overall experience was a positive one. Upon arrival I was met by the manager, Kumar, who was ever obliging, friendly and helpful. Anything I needed, I had only to ask: an extra towel, hair dryer, tea bags, etc. The room was functional, warm, with a comfortable double bed, tv facility, cupboard and drawers, and a small ensuite. Slight problem with the plumbing in that I always had to flush the toilet several times for complete effect, and the light bulbs over the mirror were not operating and were not replaced despite my drawing attention to them. Window blinds in the room did not work so I had to keep them down the whole time. My only serious criticism is that on one night there was a large group of rowdy revellers in the rooms opposite me and I got hardly any sleep. The next morning I requested a room change, which I know would have been granted, but said group had checked out. I could also hear other people's tvs from my room, which didn't really bother me but could be an issue for others. Although the hotel is located on a council estate, as a single woman walking to and fro into Kingston, sometimes after nightfall, I did not feel overly scared or threatened. This is a case of 'you get what you pay for'. Would I stay there again? Yes, certainly, because Kumar genuinely wanted to please, he was always attentive to my needs, and that to me is a mark of good service no matter the 'budget' standard of the facilities.

Room Tip: If the hotel is not full, ask for a room isolated from other occupied rooms, so that you will not he...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I booked this very late for New Year's Eve but, despite that were given a very fair price for the night for a hotel so close to the town centre. The room was clean and the bed comfortable; the bathroom was very small but functional. Not bad value, overall.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Seeing as its one of the cheapest hotels in kingston and not at all far from kingston town centre, about a 10 minute walk, I would say this hotel is good value for money. I have stayed a couple of times. Always had a clean room, clean bedding and was comfortable. Clean towels and bathroom.
Also I wad wary of leaving my car outside but I think the area looks worse then what it is. I have never heard of any cars being broken into.
If your looking for a cheap place just to crash for the night or a few I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kaz467
Reviewed 16 September 2013

'I\'m a female student and I stayed at the Hotel for a few days, the time I found permanent accommodation.
The hotel staff was so nice and helpful, the room is clean and neat, and the price is fair for what you're getting.
The hotel is within walking distance from the town center, and the streets are all lit at night. Very practical and convenient.' R

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Rajkh
Reviewed 4 September 2013

'Brilliant Stay
Thank you so much to Kumma and his family and friends and all the nice people both my self and my husband met when we stayed at The Bull and Bush Hotel.
Nothing was too much trouble and a lovely clean room that we had and as my husband is quite disabled we were put into a larger family room so he had a nice bit of space to get around in the room. And I am glad I found The Bull and Bush on my google web page.
We will definitely stay there again.

A very big thank you to all at The Bull and Bush Hotel.

Janet and Ian Cozens

Room Tip: Book here and you wont be disappointed
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple