Booked into the hotel for 2 nights as it was shown as 4 star and was within easy reach of Wimbledon. Arrived at the hotel and we were welcomed by a very pleasant receptionist, Amanda, she booked us in, gave us our room key and off we went to our room! First problem, cardkey faulty, Amanda came to our rescue - the room we had booked was an executive double - the best thing was the view over the pretty courtyard, lovely window boxes, full of beautiful petunias, but oh dear the room was small, clean but very tired, wallpaper coming away from wall near the ceiling, desk should be taken to the tip and generally the room needed a complete refurb. We went to see Amanda again and she showed us a much better room 112, although the voile curtains needed an iron and there was little outside the window, no view. After unpacking we went to the bar for lunch, ordered two salads off the Wimbledon Menu - one came - waiter apologised and went to get the second! This eventually arrived, Centre Court Salad including strawberries, but no strawberries, did Wimbledon buy them all? Baby spinach leaves very sad. Waiter was extremely pleasant and apologised, only charging for one salad. Had booked for an evening meal, a mistake, diningroom nearly empty, ordered curry, average, also belly pork on pear and celeriac mash, not good, gravy as thick as chocolate sauce! Decided not to have breakfast on day 2 and went off to Wimbledon. Breakfast on day 3, very good, a nice variety and fresh, but shortage of decent sized plates. We paid £150. a night, no breakfast or dinner included, appreciate it was Wimbledon but normally price is £45.p.p. a night, including breakfast, why should we pay all this for a hotel that would barely justify 3 stars! The best thing about the hotel was the STAFF - all very pleasant and helpful. If rooms haven't been refurbed, tell the clients and let them at reduced rates. The diningroom also needs updating with better furniture. Come on Brook Hotels, earn your 4 star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brook Kingston Lodge, an Exclusive Hotel & Wedding Venue Alongside Royal Richmond Park, the 18th century Brook Kingston Lodge Hotel features 66 ensuite bedrooms, a beautiful private indoor courtyard, the Atrium Brasserie and two conference rooms for up to 60 delegates. Dating from 1726, the bespoke rooms at the Brook Kingston Lodge Hotel have free WiFi, comfy beds, quality linens and 24 hour room service. The Atrium Brasserie serves a contemporary British menu using seasonal produce. The Brasserie offers light lunches, dinner and afternoon teas, whilst the stylish Surrey Comet Bar serves popular beers and bespoke wines, alongside our modern bar menu. The Brook Kingston Lodge Hotel is just 6 miles from Central London, a 15-minute drive from Twickenham Stadium, 3 miles from Hampton Court, just 4 miles from Wimbledon and the fun filled West End is a 20-minute drive away. There is free on-site parking and great transport links. The Brook Kingston Lodge Hotel is only 20 minutes from London Waterloo and a ten minute walk from Norbiton Station. It's an ideal base for the M25, M3, M4 and Heathrow Airport is just 7 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Brook Kingston Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook Kingston Hotel Kingston Upon Thames
- Kingston Hotel Upon Thames
- Kingston Lodge Hotel
- Brook Kingston Lodge Hotel Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey