“Brilliant value cocktails, just wipe the tables!”
Review of The Slug and Lettuce - CLOSED

The Slug and Lettuce
Price range: US$26 - US$28
Cuisines: Bar, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Happened to drop into the Slug on the way home from a meal out on a Friday evening.

We had a good time, bearing in mind it's right by the riverside the cocktail offer is exceptional. I am a hardened Amaretto Sour critic - the Disaronno Sour was particularly good and the friendly bar staff are very good at making quick but great tasting cocktails.

I can only echo other comments about nasty sticky surfaces and tables - it would have turned my 3 stars into 4.

Still, definitely worth dropping in if you like cocktails!!

There are newer reviews for The Slug and Lettuce

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Tried the curry. Very bad. Went there on incited by 2 for 1 deal. Really a microwave from a supermarket would have been better.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Popped in on the way home from work on Friday. Tables were sticky and not cleaned down, glasses could have been cleaner and annoying green flashing light nearly drove us mad (god knows why it was there apart to hit you straight in the eye every time you looked up). Really lacked atmosphere the only good thing was the bar staff who were friendly. Couldn't really see why they were that busy until we walked along the river and two of the main bars were closed for refurbs- explained everything!.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend have dinner almost every Monday. What ever you get it's 50% off. Nice atmosphere but staff can be more nice and welcome.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I ordered half rack of ribs and chicken with a chilli coleslaw for 13 pounds something on the menu and my other half ordered fish cakes.After adjusting a wobbly table and placing our order with a rather uninterested waitress the food took only moments to arrive.The fish cakes were fine.The chicken however was stone cold in the middle and just as i was putting my finger on it the waitress came over and asked how the meal was.I wish i hadn't spoken (but it was just that moment of being asked and realising i was just hungry and could reluctantly have just got on and eaten it.) I told her the chicken was cold in the middle and she asked if i wanted to see the chef!I said no thankyou but you did ask how it was so i am just letting you know for others.She asked if i was sure i didn't want to see the chef (i was not interested in seeing someone who cant even read instructions on how to cook pre cooked chicken,lett alone was incapable of putting chilli in chilli coleslaw)I said no thankyou.I then had another waiter come over who politely explained the waitress had her first day as if it was her fault the food was so awful.By then i had eaten into the fatty underdone ribs and had found a few wet 'chips taken from chips' underneath the chicken.The fish cakes were gone and i was being given the option of sending the food back and having it all over again.I cant even bring myself to type anymore.......avoid like the plague!!!!I know my food and this was bin worthy only!

1  Thank undeadpolice