“Main room is great” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rose Theatre Kingston

Rose Theatre Kingston
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated at the heart of South West London, the Rose opened its doors in January 2008 and offers a unique theatrical centre to the entire region. It has its roots in Kingston, but serves more than a million people who live and work in the region.Under the leadership of Artistic Director, Stephen Unwin, the Rose offers a rich programme of artistic activity, for people from all backgrounds and tastes. It combines the highest artistic standards, a resolute commitment to learning, and a determination to involve the broader community in what we do.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Main room is great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I've visited this place twice now. Once to see a stand up comedian and the other to hear a talk by a Hollywood actor.
The main room where I saw the comedy was amazing! Great sound and visibility, but the talk with the actor was in a horrible little room, on very uncomfortable chairs and with a bizarre humming noise echoing throughout!
Had I never seen this room I would have given a five star review, but after an hour in there, I wished I hadn't bothered!
In defence of the place, their staff were all very pleasant and helpful on both occasions so I would definitely visit again. I would just make sure that whatever I went to see was being played in the main room.

West Molesey, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“The play that goes wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

If anyone gets the chance to see this comedy, then do, you will laugh until your sides hurt. I can't remember the last time I went to the theatre to see anything other than a musical, but this was well worth it: the timing was excellent in every context. A wonderful birthday present for my mum!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Business Event”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Been to a few of the productions, always top quality. And, the theatre is also a great venue for holding a business event.

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Translations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Excellent production. Lovely little theatre, close to the river, with a pleasant bar and cafe. Highly recommended. We are looking forward to booking again.

Visited May 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
702 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 516 helpful votes
“A Jewel in Kingston's Crown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Our first visit to this theatre, which was completed just after we left the area to live on the South Coast. Having read excellent reviews of a play which was touring, we decided to kill two birds with one stone and see this production and the theatre. We were so pleased that we had made the effort to do this and would certainly return for something we really wanted to see. The theatre is conveniently located, staffed by a friendly team, with comfortable seating and good sightlines plus reasonably priced tickets. A theatre well worth supporting.

Visited April 2014