We stayed at Hermes for almost two weeks when our house was under renovation. The kids stayed in a triple room with shared bath room while the missus and I stayed in a double with ensuite bathroom. Nothing fancy about this place as after all it is a budget hotel/BB. However, Hermes is more than a budget hotel as it is conveniently located (5 mins walk to market place and Kingston College or 10 mins to Kingston University) in a nice and safe neighbourhood facing the River Thames, the place and rooms (incl. toilets) were cleaned and well maintained, very comfortable beds with clean linens and operator/owner Trish is a friendly lady that will look after you. All the rooms and toilets were cleaned daily, with Trish personally making and serving very delicious and well made English breakfast for the guests each morning.
There were two minor issues which I was able to accept and overlook:
1. Although there were 4 parking spaces in front of hotel, but these and those meter spaces along the road were constantly taken by other motorists. I had to park at a nearby car park on a number of occasions.
2. As hotel is located along the main road, we experienced unpleasant noises between 1am - 3am (mainly on Friday and Saturday only due to people going home from the nearby clubs)
Well managed bed and breakfast and an ideal place for those on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hermes Hotel is a family run 17th century guest house offering bed and breakfast accommodation. We are located opposite the River Thames and a five minute walk to the town centre. It's position is ideal for taking a trip along the river to Hampton Court or Richmond. The Rose Theatre is a four minute walk from the Hermes, together with a wide choice of restaurants. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hermes Hotel Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey