“Lovely weekend”

The White Hart Hotel
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at the White Hart for 2 nights, we got a deal where we paid full price the first night and half price for the second night.
The hotel was spotless and very friendly we had breakfast both mornings which was cooked fresh so lovely and hot. On the first evening we had a few drinks in the bar which we found very reasonable for London and also had some food which was amazing. There is a large free car park at the rear which was very useful and the hotel is a five minute walk to Kingston over the bridge and a short commute to London. Would stay at this hotel and recommend it to friends and family as we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear reviewer, thank you for praising the hotel via this platform. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would not only stay again but would pass on the details to friends and family.

Warmest regards

There are newer reviews for The White Hart Hotel

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

One night stay whilst going to Twickenham. Very good location for buses to all local attractions as well as free parking which is an added bonus. Clean, we'll equipped rooms, good bar and restaurant, and friendly, helpful staff. Ideal for families, couples, and groups.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

"Oz bashing weekend" what a title, it could have been a suble "20 - 13" however this would not have had the same impact. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and I hope we can welcome you back for some upcoming rugby fixtures. England V New Zeland on the 16th November perhaps.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here with 2 work colleagues. We all found the staff very friendly and helpful.
Rooms were spotless and comfortable, we had an evening meal at the hotel, all the tables were laid out with lit candles and background music which helped create a warm atmosphere. Food was excellent and well presented. Plenty of parking round the back of the hotel with a barrier access system. Overall it was an excellent stay thank you.

Room Tip: Room 307, there is a lift to all floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear reviwer, it is always nice to read reviews from an enjoyable stay although it is even nicer when the review is closed with a "thank you" such as yours. Therefore I must show appreciation on behalf of the team for this. I am glad to see that you found the hotel to be comfortable and clean but most importantly found the staff friendly and helpful. It doesn't matter how great a property is because it is the staff and the team that make the real difference. I hope we can welcome you back again.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 27 October 2013

A reasonably priced hotel providing excellent service & accommodation in a superb location The breakfasts & evening meals were freshly made & tasty. The staff were very friendly & helpful.
Our room was very comfortable & spotless. The White Hart is full if character with Henry V111 themed bedrooms. It is very convenient for the river Thames, Kingston shops & sights, Hampton Court etc. There is free parking at the rear of the hotel, is on a bus route & Hampton Wick train station is nearby.
I would recommend the White Hart to anyone wishing to stay in this area.

Room Tip: Look out for special deals & read reviews before booking!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

A delightful review, thank you. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and noted the reference to Henry VIII, this is due to the fact that the site here has offered some form of accommodation since the time of his residence at the near by Hampton Court Palace. I hope to persoanlly welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights.
It's an oldish pub but with modern facilities which means the bed rooms are comfortable and well laid out.
We ate here for one of the evenings as well as for our breakfasts. The breakfasts were fine with good choices to suit all palates. We were, however, slightly disappointed with the evening meal we had because my wife's pie was slightly burnt and my homemade beefburger (not a meal I usually choose but I just fancied one for a change!) rather dry. The service was very good and the wine list of interest - Fullers, the company who own the hotel, have a very good range of wines and I quite miss their off-licences that used to be all around west London.
There is adequate free parking here which is always a bonus in this part of Greater London and Hampton Court and Bushy Parks are both easily walkable from the hotel so the car can be left there. Kingston is just over the bridge too and there are a number of good restaurants available there. That's where we went for our second evening's meal.
I would stay here again but only on a bed and breakfast basis.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer, thank you for sharing your experiences. We appreciate all feedback that we receive so thank you for bringing your evening meal to my attention. Surprisingly enough these are two of our signature dishes of which we sell vast quantities so I am very dissapointed to read that on this occassion they were not of the usual high standard, I can only apologise for this. I am however delighted to hear that you found the rest of your stay comfortable with good service and some nice wine. I have recognised that you would be happy to stay with us again in the future on a bed and breakfast basis, please feel free to contact me direct to make your reservation and I would be happy to discuss your previous stay.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed here for the past two nights. Everything was simply lovely. We had two quiet rooms in the back (205 AND 206). The rooms were comfortable and a nice size. Good beds, warm bedding, big towels, good hair dryer. Everything was very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had breakfast twice, lunch once and dinner once in the hotel -- all the meals were beautifully prepared. The young woman at reception went out of her way to make sure we knew which bus to take to Heathrow this morning. The location is ideal, right at the end of Kingston Bridge across the river from Kingston. We strolled around Kingston and took the bus to Kew Gardens. Altogether a delightful stay. I would heartily recommend this lovely hotel to any traveler.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back overlooking the car park are very quiet and pleasant. The view is far nicer t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Mary, thank for this this glowing review. I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel to provide you with an enjoyable experience. I also appreciate your room tip and the mention that the car park view is an attractive one with the brick paving and trees. Kika was the receptionist on the morning and I thank you for acknowledging the service provided with regards to assisting with the transport requirements. When you are next travelling to the London area I hope we get to accommodate you once again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel as a couple and can honestly say our room was lovely. Bed was comfortable, very clean room and bathroom. Nice to have shampoo etc supplied as was only there for one night, and tea coffee etc. Was nice to have the bar open too just for the hotel guests. Friendly staff made the stay even more comfortable. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

"Very nice", thank you for this title for an equally nice review of your stay with us. I note that your stay was a brief one night stay but it appears you have had a comfortable one. I am glad to see that you found the rooms clean and comfortable and that the staff were friendly. Thank you for recommending us.

Warm regards