“Wonderful Room, Great Location”

The White Hart Hotel
Mount Laurel, NJ
“Wonderful Room, Great Location”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night during recent five night visit to UK. Nice and courteous staff at this pub hotel. No problem with an early check in. Stayed in Jane Seymour suite which was absolutely lovely. Huge four post bed with large tv and seperate sitting area with another tv and electric fireplace. Large bathroom and walkin closet. The pub downstairs is a bit more upscale then your typical British pub but food was great (lamb for lunch)and the staff and patrons I spoke with very friendly. Excellent location. Kingston's extensive shopping and dining as well as two train stations all within an easy walk. Thames River walk entrance on otherside of roundabout. Hampton Castle an easy walk down the road

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Eisenser
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
This is a lovely review, thank you for mentioning details about both the room itself and the pub aspect to the business, particularly refering to this as upscale. We are continuing trying to improve our offering and it is great to see that the efforts are being well received.

Warm regards
Chris Kerr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Littleborough, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Just returned from 2 nights at The White Hart. We were in Kingston for a funeral. We booked a disabled access room which was at the back of the hotel, on the ground floor. We were very pleased at the size of the room, which allowed easy access by wheelchair and walking aids around the beds and furniture. The bathroom had the usual aids for disabled access but could have been improved by the provision of a walk in shower or a wet room, instead of having a bath.

The whole hotel is wheelchair friendly. Also, although on a very busy road, we didn't notice any traffic noise.

The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. We didn't have to wait long for attention by the
waiting on staff, even though he restaurant was very busy on Saturday evening. Good Food and drink at reasonable prices. I had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast both mornings. They were the best, creamiest scrambled eggs I have had for many years.

Hoping to return to the hotel on our next visit to Kngston

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat T
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, it is great to see that you found your 2 night stay in our accessable room enjoyable. I appreciate your point regarding wet rooms rather than the standard bath and I am happy to report that this is something that has been put forward to be included when refurbishing these bedrooms. We look forward to welcoming you back which I hope will be for relaxation or for a happy occassion.

Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I visit Kingston regularly and this was our second stay at this attractive and welcoming hotel. On both occasions I can not fault the friendliness of all the staff, the lovely comfortable beds and the hot shower/bath. All though our first visit was a little disappointing in some respects I was so very impressed that management had taken on board our previous comments. We were very fortunate this time to have been allocated a spacious, refurbished suite which I have to admit I found very hard to leave. Breakfast was excellent with a choice to suit all tastes and appetites, we had the full English breakfast during our stay which really sets you up for the day ahead. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel to all types of travellers and personally hope to visit it again soon. Well done White Hart Hotel.

Room Tip: Review rooms on website before booking choose a suite if possible
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear reviewer, thank you not only for your return visit but also for your review which shows how enjoyable you found it. I am pleased to see that you have recognised that the management had taken on board your comments from a previous stay which helped to ensure you will continue to return to us. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

this is a very welcoming establishment, cosy and inviting, in a good location for what we needed to get to. The beds were super comfy, the rooms were really nice and very very quiet, lovely powerful hot shower that was easy to use, and the wifi worked really really well, i wish the wifi worked like this in all hotels! i would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a good nights sleep in comfort in kingston

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
"Fantastic" not only the title of your review but how we feel when reading it. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I am delighted to see that you found the beds comfy and the showers powerful and hot, 2 areas that can really make an enjoyable stay.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed to visit London and our friends who live nearbye for 2 nights.
I prefer small hotels with character but although this place Is a Fullers pub and hotel it actually felt like that's what it was
The manager and his staff, many locals I guess, could not have been friendlier something not always encountered in the South.
Beers were well kept, breakfasts were excellent and the bedrooms although a bit plain were comfortable clean and roomy
Add car parking and reasonable London prices and I can't see any reason not to stop here again
Recommended

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear John, this is a great review. I especially like the fact that your title suggests we are more like a privately run hotel, I feel personally that there is a family vibe to the establishment and we often act as a home from home (all be it a cliche) for many returning guests. I am also delighted to read that you found it to be friendlier than previous encounters in the South.

We look forward to your return.

Warmest regards
Devon
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed here over Christmas whilst visiting family.
It is pleasant and convenient location for Kingston and surrounding area.
We were greeted with a lovely log fire and cheerful staff who were always happy and polite.
Our room was quiet and well appointed and comfortable.
The breakfasts were served in the dining room and were generous and well cooked. The atmosphere was always friendly and we enjoyed one evening meal and a lunch from an interesting selection on the menu.
Staff were happy to talk and able to assure us that if the weather was bad on the due date of our departure they could accommodate us for another night.
We shall certainly make a return visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank silverlistener
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for reveiwing your "Christmas Stay" it is lovely to read that you found the staff to be welcoming and cheerful throughout your visit. I remember the adverse weather conditions across these days and happy that we were able to continue to accommodate you should you have required this. I look forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the future.

Billingshurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

A bit late in my review ,but had to say what a great Christmas Lunch on Christmas Day .
There were five of us and we were made very welcome as soon as we walked in the door we were given a glass of Prosecco ,that was a nice start for the wonderful food which was to come.
The dinner was I think one of the best I have ever had ,all the staff must be congratulated
to name a few Darshan ,Hudson,Monicika,karis,Arek ,iwonka, i hope I haven't missed anyone out .
I stayed the night in the hotel ,which was clean in every respect and also had the full English for
breakfast which again was very good . I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to stay at or
to have a meal.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank peter l
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
"Wonderful" this can sum up both the experience from your point of view, and your review from ours. Christmas Day is such an important day and there is a real responsibility to ensure we deliver a memorable and enjoyable experience. I am therefore delighted to see that you enjoyed both your Christmas Day meal and your stay in the hotel. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Warmest regards