“Paper Thin Walls”

The White Hart Hotel
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel is well situated, has great friendly staff, good parking, and is well furnished. For £120 a night I would, however, expect the rooms to be better soundproofed. We could clearly hear the conversation of the couple in the room next to us, as well as their bathroom extractor fan, which led to a poor night's sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the adjacent ones aren't occupied.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear reviewer, we appreciate all feedback here at The White Hart Hotel, therefore I thank you for bringing this to my attention. It is a shame to read that you had a poor night sleep based on adjoining room noise, we are currently planning a scheduled refurbishment of the hotel and soundproofing is certainly an area we can look to include within this. I thank you for your compliments towards the team who looked after you during your stay but must apologise for the disruption overnight. If you would like to discuss this matter any further please feel free to contact myself at the hotel direct.

Chris Kerr

Write a ReviewReviews (1,326)

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Spent a weekend here when we were visiting for a family celebration. We were very warmly greeted on our arrival, the staff could not have been more helpful which was continuing theme throughout our stay. We slept in the Ann Boleyn room which had a huge, extremely comfortable bed and a lovely bathroom. We had breakfast on both our mornings which was very tasty with a good selection of both hot and cold items. Again Staff were helpful and friendly. On our first evening we had dinner, the menu was varied with a good selection of specials. Neither my husband or myself could fault the food or the service. The hotel had a variety of guests from singles to families to couples, all were suitably catered for. We had a great stay and will be back when next in the area.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

A delightful read, to hear that we managed to exceed your expectations is great. Thank you for also mentioning how much your enjoyed the food and the service across your stay, I'm glad to see you will return and I hope to thank you in person.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I last stayed in this hotel back in 2012 and was impressed then. This time it was just as good if not even better. I stayed in the Howard room which was lovely. During the evening the hotel bar and restaurant were both busy enough to be atmospheric, without being overly crowded. In the morning the full English breakfast was once again excellent. All the staff are so friendly, I really can't recommend this place more thoroughly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel once again. I am delighted to see that you not only felt we matched your previous experience, but actually exceeded this. We are constantly trying to improve our offering here in Hampton Wick, I am therefore pleased you have acknowledged these efforts. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel once again.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night during recent five night visit to UK. Nice and courteous staff at this pub hotel. No problem with an early check in. Stayed in Jane Seymour suite which was absolutely lovely. Huge four post bed with large tv and seperate sitting area with another tv and electric fireplace. Large bathroom and walkin closet. The pub downstairs is a bit more upscale then your typical British pub but food was great (lamb for lunch)and the staff and patrons I spoke with very friendly. Excellent location. Kingston's extensive shopping and dining as well as two train stations all within an easy walk. Thames River walk entrance on otherside of roundabout. Hampton Castle an easy walk down the road

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Eisenser
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

This is a lovely review, thank you for mentioning details about both the room itself and the pub aspect to the business, particularly refering to this as upscale. We are continuing trying to improve our offering and it is great to see that the efforts are being well received.

Warm regards

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Just returned from 2 nights at The White Hart. We were in Kingston for a funeral. We booked a disabled access room which was at the back of the hotel, on the ground floor. We were very pleased at the size of the room, which allowed easy access by wheelchair and walking aids around the beds and furniture. The bathroom had the usual aids for disabled access but could have been improved by the provision of a walk in shower or a wet room, instead of having a bath.

The whole hotel is wheelchair friendly. Also, although on a very busy road, we didn't notice any traffic noise.

The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. We didn't have to wait long for attention by the
waiting on staff, even though he restaurant was very busy on Saturday evening. Good Food and drink at reasonable prices. I had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast both mornings. They were the best, creamiest scrambled eggs I have had for many years.

Hoping to return to the hotel on our next visit to Kngston

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat T

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, it is great to see that you found your 2 night stay in our accessable room enjoyable. I appreciate your point regarding wet rooms rather than the standard bath and I am happy to report that this is something that has been put forward to be included when refurbishing these bedrooms. We look forward to welcoming you back which I hope will be for relaxation or for a happy occassion.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I visit Kingston regularly and this was our second stay at this attractive and welcoming hotel. On both occasions I can not fault the friendliness of all the staff, the lovely comfortable beds and the hot shower/bath. All though our first visit was a little disappointing in some respects I was so very impressed that management had taken on board our previous comments. We were very fortunate this time to have been allocated a spacious, refurbished suite which I have to admit I found very hard to leave. Breakfast was excellent with a choice to suit all tastes and appetites, we had the full English breakfast during our stay which really sets you up for the day ahead. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel to all types of travellers and personally hope to visit it again soon. Well done White Hart Hotel.

Room Tip: Review rooms on website before booking choose a suite if possible
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear reviewer, thank you not only for your return visit but also for your review which shows how enjoyable you found it. I am pleased to see that you have recognised that the management had taken on board your comments from a previous stay which helped to ensure you will continue to return to us. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards

Reviewed 28 January 2014

this is a very welcoming establishment, cosy and inviting, in a good location for what we needed to get to. The beds were super comfy, the rooms were really nice and very very quiet, lovely powerful hot shower that was easy to use, and the wifi worked really really well, i wish the wifi worked like this in all hotels! i would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a good nights sleep in comfort in kingston

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

"Fantastic" not only the title of your review but how we feel when reading it. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I am delighted to see that you found the beds comfy and the showers powerful and hot, 2 areas that can really make an enjoyable stay.