“GREAT WEEKEND STAY”

The White Hart Hotel
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just stayed with our son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter at The White Hart in Hampton Wick. The accommodation was great, particularly for me as I have such a bad back normally I can only do one night without being in agony, I was thrilled to be that comfortable!
Food was really good [best rack of lamb I've eaten], excellent service too and parking - everything was great, particularly the staff, who could not have been more helpful. Would heartily recommend this hotel, especially if you're visiting Hampton Court, which is so near and in our case, Twickenham - frequent bus/rail links.
Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We found that although this was a busy area, it was really quiet in the rooms, we were looking onto...
1  Thank Margaret C
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear reviewer. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It is fantastic to see that you stayed with your family and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It is good to see that you found the bed comfortable, the food tasty and the staff helpful. All of which adds up to a great experience.

Should you wish to re-visit Twickenham, or Hampton Court, I do hope we can welcome you back.

Chris Kerr

Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I've just spent 2 nights here for work and I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The beds and pillows are so comfy and it's the first hotel where I've slept through the night and not woken up crippled by back or neck ache.
Breakfast was lovely and fresh. Toast, full English, fruit juice and coffee. It set me up for a long day at work.
We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening but the smells wafting through the lobby were delicious.
My only gripe was the bottled water supplied in the bedroom was not replaced after I had drank it all on the first night.
If I don't return for work, I will definitely return for a family visit with my husband and son.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

This review is a pleasure to read from the start, I thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I also thank you for the constructive feedback regarding your bottled water, this is certainly something we can look into. I am delighted that you enjoyed your breakfasts and should you return for work or for pleasure I do hope you get the opportunity to sample the evening menu as well.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We recently had a delightful stay at the White Hart Hotel! We were visiting our son, a student at Kingston Uni, and chose the hotel based on location. The room was beautiful, clean and modern. The desk staff were extremely helpful and kind. I needed to charge my iPad before leaving for the airport, and of course, in the moment the taxi arrived I forgot to pick up the iPad. The young woman at the desk called the cab, about 5 minutes into the trip and we were able to go back and retrieve the iPad! She then was waiting by the curb when we pulled up! We will definitely stay at the White Hart the next time we visit Kingston-Upon-Thames!

1  Thank Barbara B

Thank you for your write up with regards to your recent stay here in Hampton Wick, Kingston. Many people choose to stay here when visiting those attending the local university. It is great to read how the reception team managed to track you down before you travelled too far without your tablet, I will certainly pass on these kind words to the reception team.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My sister in law and her family were staying at this hotel for 1 week recently and my partner and I joined them for dinner one evening. We all had very nice meals served by very pleasant and attentive staff. It was not "haute cuisine" but good wholesome tasty food that really "hit the spot".
My sister in law said the accommodation was good too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for this review. It is lovely to see that although you didn't physically stay with us yourself we still managed to make a positive impression based on your restaurant experience. I am glad to see that you found the waiting team to be attentive. Likewise it is nice to read that your family were happy with the accommodation for the week they stayed with us.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed overnight on 5th August 2014 after booking a double room, we were delighted to find that we had been upgraded to the Catherine Parr Suite, which was first class and had a four poster bed and also a separate lounge area, with complimentary drinks in the fridge. Bathroom had a bath and separate shower. The staff on reception were very helpful and welcoming. We ate in the hotel and the food was very good.
We left our car in the car park the next day for a couple of hours while we went to Hampton Court Palace by boat (35 mins.)
We would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Judith, with so many events taking place at Hampton Court Palace it is great to read that you managed a visit there, by boat, while staying with us in Hampton Wick. If the weather is on your side this is a trip down the river I fully reccommend. Thank you for your kind words surrounding your bedroom, the Catherine Parr suite, it appears that it served you well. Thank you also for mentioning your enjoyable meal. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My wife and I just visited my brother again and stayed at this lovely hotel. We did the same last year but this time we were delighted to be told we had been upgraded to one of the best rooms,the Jane Seymour. The room was beautiful with a cosy upscale old English feel. The bedroom had a cute four poster bed and the was a comfortable little sitting area you could relax in and watch tv.
The bathroom was my wife's favorite and she enjoyed having a long hot bath - I should have to as it was big enough for me the lay flat in and I am 6 feet tall.
The staff downstairs at the bar and restraint remembered us from last year and made us feel right at home. It was like we lived in the area and were regulars. The food was very good as it was last year, in fact I think it was better this time.
The front of the Hotel has a wonderful patio area with lost of tables you can sit in and look at the beautiful hanging baskets that decorate the entire front of the building - it looks like a postcard.
Can't wait to go back again next year and maybe we will visit my brother too ;)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

What a delightful read, thank you so much for sharing your experience once again. Specifically remembering guests by name, face or even favoured tipple is certainly one areas which creates that "home from home" feel which is not always possible in larger establishments. It looks like you'll need to try out one of the other superior suites on your return next year, maybe the Catherine Parr next time.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I visit Kingston for 3 days conference. I chosed White Hart Hotel after reading the Trip Advisor Reviews. Room was good, bed was comfortable bathroom was fine everything was working well. what I like most was front outdoor seating.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
WHHOTELMANAGER, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear reviewer, I'm happy to read that you had an enjoyable time with us while attending your conference. The front outside area is always well received, I'm glad this suited you also.