Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
The White Hart Hotel(Kingston upon Thames)
US$101
Hotel Bosco(Surbiton)
US$120
US$114
US$130
US$112
  • Restaurant
Brook Kingston Lodge Hotel(Kingston upon Thames)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$81
US$107
US$93
Priceline
Warren House(Kingston upon Thames)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon Thames(Kingston upon Thames)(Great Value!)
US$69
PremierInn.com
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Kingston upon Thames(Kingston upon Thames)
US$49
Agoda.com
Travelodge Chessington Tolworth(Kingston upon Thames)(Great Value!)
US$48
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshampton courtgarden arealarge car parknice gardenmain buildingbar foodwedding receptioncurry nightweekend breakwedding venueroom was largebreakfast was excellenttown centresurbiton stationpleasant hotelfull englishwould stay again
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This "hotel", and I use the word advisedly, continues to exist only because it caters for people waiting to get on council housing lists. That is of course admirable, but if you're a paying guest the experience is shocking. The small, grimy rooms, the dark dingy corridors, the 1960's bathrooms and beds that have mattresses full of spanners make this an experience to be endured, not enjoyed. Wifi is almost non existent, the food is terrible, the wine "list" poor ( when I stayed there there was only one wine available- "Satellite" whatever that is). Although to be fair you could have Satellite white or red! All in all, a nasty experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank thek9sbllx
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear thek9sbllx,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am pleased that you found our location to be good, but was dissapointed to read your observations, regarding the hotel.

I would like to assure you that our continued succes, has been achieved by looking after reservations from many local and national businesses, as well as educational establishments and groups. Indeed we are the preferred choice of hotel for many companies.

I hope you can appreciate from reading a recent review, everyone's opinion of the comfort of a matress varies. The hotel purchases it's matresses from Hypnos the only company to supply beds to the royal household.

The hotel has an extensive wine list, comprising of wines from around the world, and the Satellite from New Zealand is a truly amazing bottle of wine,

I am sorry that after only a one night stay, you have formed this opinion of the hotel, and would very much like to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion, so that this can be rectified.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My Husband booked this weeked away as a birthday treat it included two nights one evening meal two breaks and a visted to kew gardens.We had a lovely time the staff where very friendly and looked after us.The eat as much as you like breakfast was fabulous.Our was room was very spacious where already talking about staying at Antoinette in summer.Would definitely recommend this hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have been a regular for a number of years and am always pleased with the standard and quality in the hotel - always friendly and welcoming - the staff work hard to make you feel at home. The location was the main reason for coming here in the first place but I have enjoyed all my visits so that has become a secondary consideration.

Room Tip: I think it can be a bit noisy at weekends and during the holiday period if you are over the ballroom, but the guests are generally quiet and I have had no problem.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2014

For the second year running my Fiancé and I stayed over the Christmas period. This time a total of 9 nights. (About the same length in 2012). We booked early as to ensure that we would get a room as we were visiting our family. Just before we left Sweden to go my Fiancé saw on their website that they had a deal for complementary breakfast when you booked a weekend stay so upon arrival we inquired (as we were a) staying over two weekends and b) for rather a long period of 9 nights) if we would be entitled to a couple of complementary breakfasts. The receptionist said that we would have to contact the booking service and that she couldn't do anything for us. So we called the booking service. They were most unhelpful and pretty much said that if we had made two separate bookings ie checked in, checked out and the checked in again that it would have been possible to receive a comped breakfast. The reason I write this is because it pretty much sums up this hotel in the way you as a guest are treated. There is no reward at all for loyalty and there is no willing to go that little extra mile for the guests. Another experience that illustrates this is when the bar was very busy due to a function we went to the reception to ask for two wine glasses. We were immediately referred back to the bar and had to point out that the staff there had their hands full. And it turns out that the reception did have wine glasses after all. It's these little things that matter in my opinion. That you feel valued when you are a return guest and when you, after all, spend a great deal of money to stay.
A big gold star to the cleaning staff however! The room was beautifully made up every day, no matter how late in the day we left it to go out. Also our room had a balcony which was very nice; to be able to get some fresh air without having to go down to ground level.
We will however, not be returning to this hotel again and will instead explore other hotels in the area for next years Christmas trip. #room 203.

Room Tip: If you want to instant access to fresh air or a smoker: ask for a balcony/patio room at the annex.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stephanie_stockholm
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Stephanie_stockholm,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, as your feedback is extremely valued.

I am pleased to learn that you found the housekeeping team to be efficient, and that you enjoyed having a private balcony.

Please accept my apologies, that on the two occasions you made requests to members of the team, you did not receive our normally high level of customer care, and this has been addressed with the departments concerned.

Our Weekend Breaks include breakfast, and these are payable at time of booking and
non-refundable. I am sorry that this information was not correctly conveyed, when you made enquiries with the reservations team, and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I would like to assure you that the loyalty of all our guests is greatly appreciated, and as such please do not hesitate to contact me, if you would like to return in 2014, so that I can personally look after your reservation.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a very average-ish hotel. The room I had was very small. The bathroom was fine but everything felt rather dated and the bathroom also had a strange smell. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful; those serving in the restaurant less so. I suppose it was generally okay but there's not much I can think of that would make me recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear nph32,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, as all feedback whether positive or negative is greatly valued, as it helps us strive to achieve the best service levels possible.

I am pleased that you found the reception team professional, but am sorry this was not the case with another department, which has been discussed with the Restaurant Manager.

I am sorry that the room allocated did not meet your expectations, but would like to confirm that had you brought this to the attention of the Duty Manager, an immediate room move would have been arranged.

I hope very much that you will choose to return on a future occasion, so that your faith in the hotel can be restored, and as such, please do not hesitate to contact me, so that I can look after your next reservation.