“It was decent”

Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed in the Antoinette for a week while visiting a friend. The room was very clean upon my arrival but I felt kind of cramp at times and I was the only one in the room. I tried to call the front desk a few times during my trip and found that I had to call several times or go to the front desk to get an answer which became very annoying. Also the hotel is a few blocks from a bus stop but there are no clear signs on how to get to hotel. When I arrived at the stop near the hotel my phone died and there was one sign I saw but it didn't lead to the hotel. I had to ask someone I saw outside working on their car for directions. Also no fitness on site but you can get a discount to a gym near by. Also no mini fridge so I had to buy nonperishables. Overall.Overall it was decent and I would probably stay again due to it being so affordable.

Room Tip: Be mindful when you walk to the hotel at night due to foxes being out. Everyone says they won't...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 May 2014

if you are travelling to London, dont expect big hotels as space is a scarcity, but I was proven wrong when I visited Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames.I was amazed to see the garden view rooms, as this was the last thing I had expected. Front office staff was very pleasant. Rooms were clean. I got free wifi during my entire stay. Food was excellent. I will love to visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing garden are the best ones.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nileshtandon
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My company has a budget limit and this hotel was the only one in Kingston that was 'allowed'.
My superior room has cracked tiles in the bathroom, noise neighbours on arrival, 3 am and the builder started at 830!
I may have slept better in my car, so only if you must

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear 2179locke,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, as all feedback whether positive or negative is greatly valued.

I apologise for the disturbance caused by other guests, but hope you can appreciate, this is beyond the control of the hotel. Please be assured that had you contacted a member of then night team, they would have immediately dealt with this issue.

I thank you for bringing to our attention the cracked bathroom tile, which has now been replaced.

I hope that you will consider staying with us on a future occasion, so that you can see that what you experienced was very much an exception and not the norm.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We purchased a weekend break from a well known auction site but at the time we were unsure of the hotel as it seemed incredibly cheap, but we were certainly impressed with the whole deal. To actually have 2 nights in a good welcoming London suburb hotel, an evening meal on one night, full English cooked breakfasts, and tickets to visit Kew Gardens for approx. £150.00 for the two of us it was fantastic value. All the staff were very helpful, polite and courteous and we had a free room upgrade, the room was large enough for us and in good order. We intend to return soon.
Bob and Elsie

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed the night after a family party. We had 3 rooms. ours was the furthest away the other side of the garden and was quite a trek being on the second floor, but was realy quiet. The other rooms were above the front door and were noisy as people returned to the hotel by taxi. Breakfast, which was extra, was very good. Plenty to choose from. Good hot food, nice fresh fruit, good value for Kingston area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay at the hotel rooms are nice with a balconie over looking the gardens the food is of high standards and the staff are very friendly the town centre and riverside is only a 10 min walk from the hotel we will deffinately be staying again in the near future

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is the best hotel we have stayed in for comfort,service and value. The staff were all very
attentive and pleasant. We had a garden room which was spacious, clean, quiet and above all
comfortable. The food was excellent both huge breakfast and evening meal.Very handy for
Kingston and easy travel to London.We shall certainly stay there next time we're up to town.
And there is a car park!

Room Tip: Our garden room was light and as the name implies, it looked out on to the quiet garden
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple