“'Romeo & Juliet' Opera Evening at The Rose Theatre”

Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My mother and I booked this hotel for it's closeness to Kingston town centre where the theatre is located. We found the hotel easily and the large spacious car park is great! We had a ground floor twin room in the 'chalets' at the rear of the hotel as these are suitable for disabled access. (My mum uses a walking aid) this room was reached by a short pleasant stroll through the attractive gardens and on opening the door we were pleasantly surprised by the size of both the bedroom and bathroom. All was immaculately clean and beds comfy with extra pillows provided. It was very warm while we were there and it was a nice touch to have a small table and chairs outside the room where we had an early morning cuppa! The breakfast (self service) was delicious with a good choice of both continental or English. All staff we had dealings with were efficient and courteous and next time in Kingston we will stay at The Antoinette!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank corinne c
There are newer reviews for Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I should have realised I had,made a mistake from the moment I entered this hotel. Nobody on reception but I could hear talking from the office behind. More guests arrived and still the people in the office were unconcerned despite being able to hear the growing queue of guests talking. Eventually one girl came out and started to check us in. She wasn't English and her spoken English and understanding of English were not too good. "Will you be parking a car in the car park sir?", "No but my colleague will be dropping me off and picking me up and he may stay 10 or 15 minutes.", "You'll need to pay for parking then sir, it's £5 a night". "He won't be parking overnight, just dropping me off or collecting". "£5 a night sir". OK I'll meet him in the road outside. If he needs to stay he can use a meter"
Second night there they had a wedding. Loud music until very late and a drunken guest who insisted on sitting outside my door.
Room wasn't outstanding. I didn't use any other facilities. A week after arriving home I received an extra bill for £25 for car parking. And of course they had charged this to my credit card. Phoned them and.. "We'll look into it for you ". Heard nothing. Emailed them. No replies.
I wont be staying there again and cant recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank seepeekay
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear seepeekay,

Thank you for taking the time to post, as all feedback is greatly valued.

I was concerned to read the title of your review, as parking at the hotel is complimentary at all times, unlike other local hotels and Travelodges, who implement an overnight charge. I am sorry that no response has been received regarding the charge to your credit card, however, upon investigation no trace of any e-mail can be found, and no transaction has been recorded for this amount. As such, I feel that this review may have been unintentionally posted to the wrong site.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed in the Antoinette for a week while visiting a friend. The room was very clean upon my arrival but I felt kind of cramp at times and I was the only one in the room. I tried to call the front desk a few times during my trip and found that I had to call several times or go to the front desk to get an answer which became very annoying. Also the hotel is a few blocks from a bus stop but there are no clear signs on how to get to hotel. When I arrived at the stop near the hotel my phone died and there was one sign I saw but it didn't lead to the hotel. I had to ask someone I saw outside working on their car for directions. Also no fitness on site but you can get a discount to a gym near by. Also no mini fridge so I had to buy nonperishables. Overall.Overall it was decent and I would probably stay again due to it being so affordable.

Room Tip: Be mindful when you walk to the hotel at night due to foxes being out. Everyone says they won't...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2014

if you are travelling to London, dont expect big hotels as space is a scarcity, but I was proven wrong when I visited Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames.I was amazed to see the garden view rooms, as this was the last thing I had expected. Front office staff was very pleasant. Rooms were clean. I got free wifi during my entire stay. Food was excellent. I will love to visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing garden are the best ones.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nileshtandon
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My company has a budget limit and this hotel was the only one in Kingston that was 'allowed'.
My superior room has cracked tiles in the bathroom, noise neighbours on arrival, 3 am and the builder started at 830!
I may have slept better in my car, so only if you must

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear 2179locke,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, as all feedback whether positive or negative is greatly valued.

I apologise for the disturbance caused by other guests, but hope you can appreciate, this is beyond the control of the hotel. Please be assured that had you contacted a member of then night team, they would have immediately dealt with this issue.

I thank you for bringing to our attention the cracked bathroom tile, which has now been replaced.

I hope that you will consider staying with us on a future occasion, so that you can see that what you experienced was very much an exception and not the norm.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We purchased a weekend break from a well known auction site but at the time we were unsure of the hotel as it seemed incredibly cheap, but we were certainly impressed with the whole deal. To actually have 2 nights in a good welcoming London suburb hotel, an evening meal on one night, full English cooked breakfasts, and tickets to visit Kew Gardens for approx. £150.00 for the two of us it was fantastic value. All the staff were very helpful, polite and courteous and we had a free room upgrade, the room was large enough for us and in good order. We intend to return soon.
Bob and Elsie

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed the night after a family party. We had 3 rooms. ours was the furthest away the other side of the garden and was quite a trek being on the second floor, but was realy quiet. The other rooms were above the front door and were noisy as people returned to the hotel by taxi. Breakfast, which was extra, was very good. Plenty to choose from. Good hot food, nice fresh fruit, good value for Kingston area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family