“Hampton Court visit”

Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were looking for a hotel within a short distance from Hampton Court and this hotel seemed to a good location as it was also within walking distance of Kingston town centre.
It may be a little tired and old fashioned but we found the place spotless and all staff eager to assist , to our surprise our double bedded room actually had three double beds.? It overlooked a nice garden, it's tucked away in a nice residential area and it takes about ten minutes to walk into the town centre and the river where there are lots of good restaurants. Travel to Hampton Court takes about five minutes in the car or there are river ferries or the underground
It's a good basic hotel, we had breakfast only which was of a good standard for our evening meals we walked into Kingston. Would return.
Ample free parking.

Room Tip: We stayed in 210 which overlooked the garden.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve H

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Booked two rooms one for myself and one for my colleague as we were visiting Sandown Park for a trade show. I have thought very long and hard about the review for this hotel, as I hate giving bad reviews, so rather than being negative I have listed below the pros & cons;

Pros: Very Clean, Nice Staff (very attentive), Very good quality breakfast

Cons: Rooms small and in need of renovation, Hotel although clean looks shabby especially the outside which could do with a new paint job, Drinks expensive, £ 2.50 for a bowl of nuts outrageous & finally VERY expensive rooms rates for what was a very small room.

Would we stay here again, no not in its current state for the prices that they are charging for a room the hotel needs an update. But as advised the staff were superb.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Simon G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, as all feedback whether positive or negative is greatly valued, as it helps us strive to achieve the best service levels possible.

I am pleased that you found the team at the hotel to be professional, and the rooms to be clean.

I was dissapointed to learn that the rooms allocated did not meet your expectations, and that alternative rooms were not available due to the hotel being fully booked. I would like to assure you that our rates are extremely competitive for the area, especially as those booked include Full English Breakfast.

I appreciate that you feel you do not wish to return, but hope that you will choose to stay with us on a future occasion, so that your faith in the hotel can be restored, and as such please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can personally look after your reservation.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for three nights for a short break, and we had an extremely pleasent stay. Everybody were very forthcoming and serviceminded and we were always met with smile. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and so were the bar meals. The staff was very chatty and very helpful. The hotel is situated at 15 minutes walk from as well the centre of KIngston as the centres of Surbiton. On top of that the hotel has a beautiful garden, where we could sit and relax. We will definately come back in the future, and we can only recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

stayed for 1 night on the 11/6 very nice location and grounds was given room 109 which looks on to a lovely court yard, the room is for wheelchair use so was huge as was the bathroom and walk in shower very clean and beds were comfy.

staff were friendly and helpful on check in and and check out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel was lovely as were all the staff. I was working near there for a week and it was a pleasure coming back at the end of a long day at work. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast and all of my evening meals. The staff were all chatty as I was on my own all week but they made me feel comfortable. When I came back from work my room was cleaned and new bedding and clean towel. The rooms are very spacious.There are lovely gardens and nice places to sit outside in the centre of this hotel. I would go back, infact I tried to rebook but it was fully booked which is not surprising.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We got married at the Antoinette Hotel & it couldn't have been better. The Events Manager is very experienced & helped us with our arrangements, and all the staff involved made our day very special. The food was excellent & all our guests were made to feel welcome & enjoyed themselves.
The location of the hotel is good for visitors & the accommodation is clean & comfortable.
For those that want the wedding & the reception all under one roof, the Antoinette is a perfect venue - highly recommended.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel by the garden are quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My friend and I found the hotel ideal for our needs as we wanted to visit Hampton Court. Single rooms might be a little on the small size. We were at the rear of the hotel and found the rooms very quiet. Excellent breakfast, hot or cold .It set you up for the day. Hotel within easy walk of Kingston Town centre and the river with it's many eating places along the river side, . Yes, we would come again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends