My husband and our two children stayed at the Sir Douglas Haig. Our aim was to experience the qwerky charms of a countryside inn. This was IT! The rooms were spacious. The beds were clean and comfy. The 3' x 5' bath sheet was nice to wrap up in after the bath (wonderful long tub to stretch out in - sided with wood). There were small paned windows that actually opened and we looked across the the lane to quaint hump-backed roof lines of posh cottages. We had dinner downstairs (good ale & really tasty steak n kidney pie) in the dining area. We watched a bit of football on the telly along with the other friendly patrons who helped give us directions to the Yehudi Menuhin School where we went to see a concert of the Olympianist and Tommy Carrol on cello. We returned home to our rooms and slept through a quiet night. I reflect and think that if I owned this inn, I would steadily upgrade or add trim to the rooms and yet take care to retain the inn's current charm. Thanks for the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Pub with 7 en-suite letting bedrooms, free wifi and lots of free parking. Good honest food and fantastic beer ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sir Douglas Haig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sir Douglas Haig Hotel Leatherhead
- Sir Douglas Haig Leatherhead, Surrey