“If you actually want to eat, don't bother” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lal Akash

Lal Akash
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Leatherhead
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lal Akash Indian Cuisine has been based in Leatherhead since 2003 to provide diners with a diverse range of authentic Indian specialities. Lal Akash is a welcome addition to the local area’s rich and cosmopolitan restaurant scene. With top Indian chefs, diners can be assured of top quality, genuine ingredients for a truly exceptional Indian dining experience that suits all palates. With a contemporary take on Indian interior design, the restaurant also promises an inviting atmosphere that provides the perfect setting to enjoy your favourite freshly prepared dishes, or even experiment by trying new taste sensations from our extensive menu; accompanied of course with selections from a list of fines wines, beers and soft drinks. Enjoy a culinary journey and experience high quality dishes that span traditional, modern and European interpretations of Indian cuisine including Indian entrees, Tikka, Balti and Lal Akash’s trademark specialities
Northwich, Cheshire
“If you actually want to eat, don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I went to this restaurant on my own, travelling on business. I was pleased to see quite afew speciality dishes, so, I took advantage of a speciality starter and main course. The beer and poppadoms came quite speedily...and that was where it stopped. I would so ,love to have reviewed the food, but none ever came.

Another lone diner came in after me, he got his starter and main course...where is mine? Well, I did order two sepcialities so they are being prepared. No, the order had 'deleted itself', 'you know sir, electronics'. The waiter actually seemed quite amused by it all. I did say that I'd re-order, but didn't expect to pay for starter or main. This was rejected, so I left without paying for poppadoms or beer.

I said I'd love to review the food but didn't have any. I can review on behalf of the table next to me who complained that the Madras was too salty and the white wine was warm. But, that's just hearsay.

So, if you actually want to eat, don't go there. I don't think that I'll be visiting Leatherhead again too soon on business, and if I do, I'll try elsewhere. Although, they did me a favour, if they'd accepted my to give me the starter amd main FOC, I'd have missed Germany's first (could be only) goal.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Good meal. Highly recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Visited with work colleagues. Food was excellent. Staff very attentive and service good. Reasonably priced would recommend to friends and will definitely return.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jim D
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Disappointing food, but friendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately the food here did not provide the "wow" factor we were expecting. For some reason the chicken korma appeared so bright in colour it was almost a turn off. The tandoori chicken was not as good as we have had in Indian and other places in South Asia.

The redeeming factors were that the nan breads were good and the staff very friendly. If they upped their game on the food front this could be an excellent restaurant.

Visited June 2014
“Love this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is always my choice for Indian food. I have been going here for over 10 years. The staff are lovely and are always willing to stay at the table and chat with you for as long as you keep the conversation going. Good food, really nice and clean decor and a great space upstairs to rent to have your own private party as well.

Visited October 2013
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant, small portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Staff are great, good service. food is tasty but i found portions were small and chicken cut up in to tiny pieces in curries which is why its only getting a 3 .

Visited May 2014