“A gem of a place - a lucky find”
Review of The Plough

The Plough
Ranked #11 of 62 Restaurants in Leatherhead
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Cuisines: Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“A gem of a place - a lucky find”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It was such a relief to come across this gastro pub restaurant. I was staying a pretty awful hotel and just went out for a drive to see if there was somewhere good to eat - and there was. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the menu was interesting and wide ranging in style. I had duck, which was cooked perfectly. Thoroughly enjoyed my visit and would certainly go out of my way to return.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I visited here with my mum, sister and niece as we were staying locally, this weekend. My family are in the catering trade and this was the best food we had eaten in a long time......The sticky toffee pudding was to die for.....!!!! The staff are really attentive, friendly and welcoming, nothing has was too much trouble.
We definitely recommend and will be back as soon as we can......Thanks for a great evening.......Sam

London, United Kingdom
“Nicely refurbished country pub with great food.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I havent visited the place for over 40 years! My, has it changed. Bang up to date with a very gastro pub look and feel.
We visited on a very warm Friday evening and still managed to get a table in their garden. The food was excellent and the service was charming.Parking can get a little busy, but worth the effort. We will be definetly be returning soon.

1 Thank stephen k
Beccles,
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I took my parents who were over from Australia here for lunch on our way to Leeds Castle for a bit of day drive, so we weren't locals, but were treated like we were. Great service. Food was excellent. Good value lunch offerings and discounted Prosecco with lunch. We ate outside as the weather was great and the waiting staff served us out there. Would highly recommend.

Guildford, United Kingdom
“It's upped it's game”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Haven't been here for years as it didn't have a good local reputation but heard good things lately so came with a friend for dinner. We were very impressed. Very friendly welcome, the main courses we had were delicious (braised beef and baked cod). The potatoes roasted in duck fat were fantastic, could have eaten twice the portion but my waistline thanks you.
Cool contemporary interior. We'll be back soon.