“Wedding day”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Leatherhead
London
“Wedding day”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Last Saturday my husband and I celebrated our wedding at the Ramada Guildford/Leatherhead. We have nothing but good things to say about the venue, from the lady who lent me a mirror in the morning whilst I was having my hair and make up done to the master of ceremonies who kept everything running to time the staff were fantastic.

All of our guests were so complimentary about the venue, staff and food. Having the 3 different areas for the ceremony, breakfast and evening was great and the gardens were perfect for people to enjoy a drink and a chat.

It was the little details that made the day, the florist was given tea and croissants on arrival while she was setting up, the photographer was informed of the timings and the band were given a room to relax in during their sets.

We had a fantastic day and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Ramada to any of our friends for a special occasion or an overnight stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Was a guest at a recent wedding. Didn't stay, but visited lots of friends rooms to say hello and sneak a quick vodka before the ceremony.

Civil Ceremony was upstairs and the room looked lovely with the covered chairs. Strange twist in the room means that people at the back cannot see the wedding couple.

Bar downstairs for drinks remained open to the public for some strange reason, so you have 50 wedding guests having drinks after the ceremony sharing the bar with people who dropped in for afternoon tea. A little weird, but caused no problems.

Meal was good quality, but even though there were only about 50 of us, incredibly slow service. Some tables had finished mains when others were getting served. However, the food quality was really quite good I must admit.

The room for the evening disco was great and worked well with a private bar area. Service was smart and efficient. Evening buffet was served in a dark corner with no lighting so you would see a line of people holding up sandwiches and squinting at them to see what they contained. Perhaps some subdued lighting here would help.

Bedrooms were pretty standard Ramada rooms - nice and clean, a little tired looking, but with nice clean bathrooms and good quality linen. I didn't have breakfast, but the feedback from my family that stayed was that it was very nice.

I would visit again, but perhaps not to have afternoon tea in a bar flooded with wedding guests.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Marc11976, General Manager at Thatchers Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Travellercity,

It is always good to receive comments from wedding guests to take their view of the special day. I take note of your comment about the main course service being a little slow; all our food is prepared fresh in order that the tables towards the back of the room receive as good a quality dinner as the bride & groom, we cook proportionally so that no food sits under a hot lamp drying up losing colour in the vegetables or texture of the meat. I was delighted to read your comments about the quality of the food, as I know this will be one of your lasting memories of the day.

Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed here overnight as I was on a course in the area the next day - I would happily have stayed longer. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, made me feel very welcome. My room (one in the newer part of the hotel I believe) was excellent - good size, clean, well appointed, lovely large comfortable bed. Breakfast the next day was very good, nice selection of continental and cooked items - the scrambled eggs looked delicious and were, which is quite a feat in a running buffet!

I would happily stay here again if the situation arose.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank zandrjh
Marc11976, General Manager at Thatchers Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Zandrjh,

Thank you for your great feedback, your comments summarise my objective as hotel General Manager. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Went for an overnight stay and from the reception to check out everyone was helpful. I would particularly pick out the reception staff who were extrememely good and made a goid first impression for the hotel. The rooms were excellent and spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed. We asked for extra pillows which were bought up immediately. Food and service all first class. Would recommend to friends and will book to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Ianles
Marc11976, General Manager at Thatchers Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Lanles,

Thank you for taking the time to share such an excellent review on Trip Advisor; I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

My reception team are a credit to the hotel as I agree it is vital you give a welcoming first impression.

Ruthin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2012

More basic than travel lodge and twice the price
Room needed decorating
Not very clean
Four star hotel, but breakfast was a dried up help yourself buffet with no choice of eggs or any fresh to order items. very unimaginative,
cheap juice, make your own toast on a poorly performing toaster

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Maggie S,

I was really disappointed to read your review and I would like to apologise for the disappointing stay you recently experienced with us.

From reading your comments it sounds very much like you were in one of the few remaining rooms which have not benefitted from an upgrade. As general manager I respect these rooms are a minor negative point to my overall hotel, therefore these rooms receive constant attention from my head housekeeper, Operations Manager and me to ensure the overall aesthetics make up for the age.

I am also sorry to learn about your breakfast experience, your comments have been shared with my Head Chef and Operations Manager as this level of content is not acceptable. We have a superb breakfast product; which my team have invested much time to ensure meets our customer’s expectation; I am disappointed to learn about your experience as we have received so many positive comments on our breakfast offering over the past couple of months.

I sincerely hope this experience will not deter you from using this property or our brand in the future.

Marc Solarz

Travellers are raving about these Leatherhead hotels

Bexley, Kent
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I were given an overnight stay with champagne afternoon tea and breakfast as a Xmas gift. Staff were lovely and welcoming, room was spacious and clean, afternoon tea was superb as was breakfast. Only disappointing thing was that we wanted to have dinner in the hotel as the menu looked enticing, however there was a wedding ceremony that afternoon and the restaurant did not open until 8.30pm, much too late for us. It would have been good to have been told this when we made the booking as we would have chosen another date, otherwise great value for money and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Check what events are on at the hotel, e.g. they have a comedy evening which we would have attended...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Marc11976, General Manager at Thatchers Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for your recent feedback I am pleased your stay was good; it is always great to hear when our promotions provide value for money. I am sorry you did not get to experience our restaurant; when we have weddings we aim to have the restaurant open for 8pm at the latest but I note on this occasion the wedding were running very late with their schedule; hence the delay.

I certainly hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Marc
cardiff
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I've been staying at the Ramada for 3-4 nights a week for 5 weeks and yesterday was my final night of stay.

I want to mention to Mark ('he's a lovely boss' as I overheard the staff saying!) that I was really impressed with the levels of friendly service on the whole at the hotel.

The bar staff were great, Lauren and Leigh on reception are national treasures! - very friendly and 'smiley' (keep dancing girls!). Kevin was also very helpful when we arrived back at 2.30am in the morning by providing us all with water (to rehydrate the more unfortunate amongst us!!).

Overall, my experience of the hotel has been a positive one and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Long live the Ramada!

Room Tip: the newer part of the hotel have more generous sized rooms I believe, the older part is more quaint...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Marc11976, General Manager at Thatchers Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear CardiffChrisc,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment upon Trip Advisor; I will certainly pass my most sincere thanks to Leigh, Kevin and Lauren; they are three fantastic team members who are contributing huge amounts of personality and dedication to my front of house department. Your comment about me was hugely motivational and I have thanked Leigh and Lauren for making such a generous remark.

Should future projects directs you to Leatherhead I very much hope you will stay with us.

Marc Solarz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leatherhead
De Vere Horsley Estate
#1 of 4 in Cobham
Woodlands Park Hotel
Woodlands Park Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Thatchers Hotel? Share your experiences!