Thatchers Hotel
US$145
US$109
US$96
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs(Epsom)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
Hotels.com
Days Inn Cobham M25(Cobham)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$48
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Epsom Central Hotel(Epsom)(Great Value!)
US$95
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Chessington Hotel(Chessington)(Great Value!)
US$87
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Epsom Central(Epsom)(Great Value!)
US$47
Travelodge
TripAdvisor
All reviewswedding coordinatorafternoon tearamada hoteleast horsleybuffet stylewould highly recommend this hotelbar foodan overnight stayplenty of parkingan evening mealstayed here for one nightfull english breakfastthorpe parkvenuejetsguildforddisco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Looks nice on arrival and first impression was good,had drinks in lounge followed by dinner in the restaurant,so far so good.then bed,this is when it went wrong.Windows open,fan on the room was like a sauna.very bad night due to the heat.do NOT stay in room 602.I had also requested express checkout and this did not happen although this may have been because I was paying for my sons room as well.I would stay again but would be wary about the room allocated.

• Stayed: September 2012
Marc11976, General Manager at Thatchers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Dear roger c,

I was pleased to read the majority of your stay was good however I appreciate your concerns about the room being a little too warm. Due to room 602 being two floors up, for health and safety reasons and to protect the safety of our younger more adventurous guests we have chosen to install restricted opening devises on the windows. I understand that without air conditioning this restricts cool air flow however this only presents an issue during the warmest of days; which thankfully in 2012 have been rare.

Following on from your comments I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

I love this hotel but the female front of house staff Lauraen was so rude! The way she treated us were terrible. You will get a better attention in the fish market. Also the breakfast and the service can't be recommended. This girl is not fit to work in hospitality industry.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Mathew88cjl,

Thank you for taking time to make me aware of your positive and negative experiences at the Ramada Guildford/Leatherhead. Following your comments about Lauren I personally sat down and had a discussion about this reported incident, it was difficult to pin point a precise situation as your feedback was vague in terms of what happened however I can appreciate for you to take the decision to personally highlight Lauren in terms of negative commentary your encounter must have been harsh and left a bad taste. My conversation with Lauren came 48 hours after me personally praising Lauren on how she handled a difficult client so I was saddened that she let herself down in handling your requests. Following our chat Lauren has taken on board the importance of consistency and I will certainly monitor her performance moving forward.

I note you are a frequent guest of the hotel and I personally welcome the opportunity for you to introduce yourself to me and we can have a drink and chat in the bar.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights so that we could visit Wisley flower show. The hotel is not to far from Guildford but far enough away to be in a rural area. Our first impressions were good. The reception staff were efficient and freindly. As we wanted to pay for rverything as we went along we didnot have to swipe a credit card. The room key had the information for the staff,

We arrived at our room and unpacked the room was of an adequet size and there was a large bed made up of 2 singles. We sat down after a long journey and suddenly realised we were both hearing a high pitched continuous whistle. We both thought we had developed tinatus until we asked each other if we could here the noise.

We phoned reception as we knew the noise would become extremely annoying especially when we tried to sleep. Reception responded very efficiently and offered us a second room, They sent someone up to show us an alternative room, When he came up he could also here the noise which was a relief as we do not normally complain. We accepted the alternative room. It had a slightly smaller bed but that wasnt a problem. They left us the keys to both rooms so we could move our things at leasure.

Once settled I decided to have a shower before going out. I can honestly say it is the best shower I have ever had the water pressure was amazing and it also had jets coming out of the wall wonderful after a long journey with a bad back.

All the expected facilities were there, It could have done with a little more toiletries 1 smalll tube of shower gel doesnt go far for 2 people but it is a very minor point. There was a trouser press AND an iron which was nice,

The food in the restaraunt was OK but I did feel it was a little expensive for the quality and quantity served, We only ate there the once. We found a couple of nice places near bu. The Queens head just off the main road from Guildford was superb both for lunch and dinner but you may need to book as it is vey popular. The beer is from local breweries. We also ate at an Italian the Meridiana another very nice meal.

The only thing to spoil our stay was Saturday night. When they offered us an alternative room they didnt mention that there was a wedding on and our room was directly over the rom where the reception was held, The music wet on way past midnight, Such a shame to end our break in that way. When checking out I mentioned this and was given an apology.and told that we should not have been put in that room (the hotel was not full when we were moved), Dont let this expereince put you off this hotel the stay was very enjoyable other that that, Just make sure you are not put in a room above a wedding party. !!

Room Tip: Dont stay in a room above the function rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lovetravelling757
Marc11976, General Manager at Thatchers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Lovetravelling757

Some great comments there which give me an excellent understand about your stay. During certain times of the year (weather dependant) we suffer from this whistling noise; to my knowledge it comes from farming machinery and what way the noise travels is dependant on the wind direction.

The hotel is very close to Wisley and makes an ideal base to explore the many beautiful attractions located in North Surrey.

I am sorry for the noise disappointment you experienced on your last day night, when there is a wedding taking place we only allocate rooms above the event to guests of the event, on this occasion in our eagerness to please we have not thought through that moving you has had incurred additional complications. I have spoken with my reception team to inform them of this issue and to be more vigilant when allocating a guest’s room.

I very much hope to be able to welcome you back for the 2013 Wisley Flower festival, each year this event is growing in popularity.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We booked the hotel back April 2011, between this date and the wedding our wedding planner changed twice,the hotel were very good in keeping us informed of the changes, Clinton was the new planner and he was fantastic, he helped me so much in the planning of our wedding and he was such a nice person and went out of his way to do anything we needed.
Myself and the bridesmaids stayed in the hotel the night before and the staff were very helpful with storing everything for the wedding.
We had the ceremony, wedding breakfast and reception all in the hotel, The staff did an amazing job on setting the rooms up and they looked so much better than we expected, The food we had was again amazing, our friends and family are still raving about it now.
We also had the hotels resident DJ Steve from cool connections who did a brilliant job,
I am so glad we chose this hotel for our wedding with a lot of help from Clinton our special day was so much more than we expected, I have no hesitations with recommending this hotel to any one else that is planning a wedding.
I am very much looking forward to returning to the hotel on our 1st anniversary.
A massive thank you to Clinton and all the staff at the hotel who helped with our wedding
Mr and Mrs Carter

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear michelle c,

Thank you for your recent response on Trip Advisor, it is great to read you had such a wonderful time. Clinton has done an absolutely terrific job in firstly selling weddings then guiding the bridal parties through to their special day. Following Clinton’s feedback during the past couple of months I have made him employee of the month due to the contribution he has made to so many bridal parties special days.

It is great to read your comments about the cuisine you enjoyed during your day, Nick is a first class chef and continuously serves some of the finest hotel food I have seen.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back for your first anniversary next year where by I can assure you will receive a warm and friendly welcome.

Best wishes.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We spent some time looking on the internet for a venue for a family celebration, and the Ramada Guildford Hotel came up on our shortlist. We then started detailed planning, and chose the Ramada because of the rural location close to M25, the garden setting as depicted on the Hotel's website, and from friendly helpful discussions with the event co-ordinators (especially Clinton). Up until our event we had not visited the hotel to check all would be OK, because we live in the Midlands. We had to trust our judgement based on the information we had - including Tripadvisor. Would it all be OK on the day?

Yes, it was! In fact it was even better than expected. The hotel was all it was made out to be, and so we and our 20 guests had a thoroughly enjoyable day. The function room (Parkview) was just right and we loved being able to sit out on the balcony overlooking the gardens well on into the afternoon, without any worry that the wedding going on inside the hotel would interfer or that we had to hurry to start and finish our event. Staff were great - always available to help - and food just as we wanted it to be.

We stayed on at the hotel for the night, and this again was a good choice. Altogether, a great time was had by all!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear Mike M,

Thank you for your recent response, some excellent feedback there. I am delighted we lived up to our expectations as you put a great deal of faith into my colleagues have not experienced the hotel prior to your visit.

Clinton has done a wonderful job in building up trust in our product and then delivering on the day. The hotel makes the perfect venue for weddings and private family gatherings; we serve some of the best home cooked food in the area and have an exceptional operations team who personally enjoy making the day special. Added to this when the sun shines there is no better location in Surrey to share a memorable event with those who are close to you.

Best wishes